No announcement yet.

Yuriorkis Gamboa Returns on February 20, ESPN FNF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuriorkis Gamboa Returns on February 20, ESPN FNF

ARENA’s fast rising featherweight superstar Yuriorkis Gamboa (13-0, 11 kos) will be back in action again on February 20th at the University Center Arena in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Only six weeks after stopping Roger “Speedy” Gonzalez in round 10 at his last ESPN appearance “El Ciclon” is ready to shine again on the next “Friday Night Fights” show presented by ARENA Box-Promotion US, LLC. [details]

beautiful music to my ears

Comment

reed whos is that lady my friend?

Comment

nice. that is the way it shoud be, fighting every month until a title shot. he is as developed as he is going to be, now its just time to stay sharp and the only way to do that is to fight regularly

Comment

I'm glad Gamboa's team has realized he needs more seasoning before a title shot. I think he needs a few more fights. Hopefully he makes it through this next fight without getting dropped.

Comment

Dooopppee! And it's gonna be in my neck of the woods! Nice!

Comment

Gamboa is exciting as hell and very aggressive which makes for an entertaining fight! It's a shame that the bigger names in boxing don't stay half as active as Gamboa does. Looking forward to this one!

Comment

Thank goodness for FNF. Without ESPN there would be no good avenue to introduce people to the sport. For boxing fans ESPN2 and ESPN Classic are meat and potatoes of the sport. Not sure what that makes Shotime....perhaps Nachos and Cheese. HBO perhaps pork rinds. The rest are usually nasty fatty snacks.

Comment

I love to watch him fight, but taking the kind of shots he takes every month cant be good for you. they better work on that D

Comment

Originally posted by roujinziro View Post
                    I'm glad Gamboa's team has realized he needs more seasoning before a title shot. I think he needs a few more fights. Hopefully he makes it through this next fight without getting dropped.

Not really actually... Gamboa is scheduled for his first title shot on April 3rd against Jose Rojas for the WBA interim belt (It won't be vs Elio Rojas for the WBC interim belt).

Gamboa is the one who asked Arena to be included in the february card because he wanted to keep fighting in the meanwhile.

Comment

Working...
                    X