No announcement yet.

Glass jawed Con vs Maidana 10oz gloves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
    Another GBP cookjob,just let that piece of slime get destroyed.Why 10oz?
    Becasue its the law dummy.
    Both fighters have to agree to 8oz in Nevada and if i was Khan i wouldn't with that glass jaw of his. I don't think it matters anyway as if he gets caught flush by Maidana wearing any glove he still goes down imo. (as would most other 140lb'ers)
    Last edited by Repeddled; 12-02-2010, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Does Amir as champion also get to say the ring size? A big ring with heavier gloves would improve his chances.

Comment

Maidana still KOed Kayo and Ortiz with those 10 ouncers right?

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
          Another GBP cookjob,just let that piece of slime get destroyed.Why 10oz?
          Because it's the norm. People are so ******ed and let their hate blind them. Khan did NOT ask for 10oz, It's the norm get it? Most fights in that weightclass where 10oz gloves. Why should Khan have to wear 8oz gloves? Do you call everybody in that weightclass who wears 10oz gloves cowards or hypejobs and what not? No offcourse you don't, because you hold Khan to different standards. By your logic Khan should request 8oz gloves just because of his weak chin right? How does that even make sense?

Comment

Khan never fight with 80z in his career n he never will

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
              Maidana still KOed Kayo and Ortiz with those 10 ouncers right?
              I think you are right, which makes this thread pointless.

If Khan gets caught by a clean power shot from Maidana he will be hurt and he will be in danger of being KO'ed, 8 or 10 ouncers IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                Does Amir as champion also get to say the ring size? A big ring with heavier gloves would improve his chances.
                just like 10 ouncers are mandatory in nevada.

so is the ring size.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  just like 10 ouncers are mandatory in nevada.

so is the ring size.
                  So Maidana has been in this size ring before? (against Ortiz?), if so then theres no excuses there either.

Comment

Hpe its a good fight, sure it will be intruiging what will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post
                      So Maidana has been in this size ring before? (against Ortiz?), if so then theres no excuses there either.
                      maidana fought ortiz in california not nevada so i don't see the connection.

in nevada the ring size is standardized and 10 ounce gloves are standard for 135 and up.

leave it at that.

Comment

Working...
                      X