No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wach Finished With Haye, On His Way To Povetkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
    Wow what was that like? I bet pazienza was one hard SOB to train alongside. Any stories you would like to share about your experiences?
    Vinny was a beast when he trained. I don't think most people realize how hard world class fighters train and just how tough they really are till you're in the gym with them every day. Paz was great though, nothing like the ****y guy most think he is. Always had encouraging words and tips for the amateur's and was completely fan friendly.

I only trained with Steve Collins once. The Pettronelli's called my trainer looking for sparring for their middleweight, they wanted a light heavy that could push him. So we drive up to Brockton and Im psyched to be going to the gym Marvin Hagler trained at to spar. Anyway, we get there and Collins Is already in the ring with (I think) the south African national amateur champion who had the belly pad on and Collins was tearing him up! We found out who it was and my trainer said no way was he letting me in the ring with him. I wanted to go, but in hindsight he would have beaten me to death. He worked out with me after he was done sparring though and was a really cool guy. I still remember the tips he gave me on footwork and pivoting to create new punching angles. At the time I was still pretty green and jusr a come forward fighter.

I've got a few other stories, but we'll save them for another time.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Vinny was a beast when he trained. I don't think most people realize how hard world class fighters train and just how tough they really are till you're in the gym with them every day. Paz was great though, nothing like the ****y guy most think he is. Always had encouraging words and tips for the amateur's and was completely fan friendly.

I only trained with Steve Collins once. The Pettronelli's called my trainer looking for sparring for their middleweight, they wanted a light heavy that could push him. So we drive up to Brockton and Im psyched to be going to the gym Marvin Hagler trained at to spar. Anyway, we get there and Collins Is already in the ring with (I think) the south African national amateur champion who had the belly pad on and Collins was tearing him up! We found out who it was and my trainer said no way was he letting me in the ring with him. I wanted to go, but in hindsight he would have beaten me to death. He worked out with me after he was done sparring though and was a really cool guy. I still remember the tips he gave me on footwork and pivoting to create new punching angles. At the time I was still pretty green and jusr a come forward fighter.

I've got a few other stories, but we'll save them for another time.
      Wow Sir, thank you for the story you shared and the effort you put into it. Even not sparring Collins and training alongside must have been an honour. You really are privileged for sharing the gym with these elite athletes. Respect even though we have conflicts in boxing opinion you really have humbled me with the story. Respect Sir.

Comment

I fought for 8 years. Trained with Vinny Paz and Stevie Collins, fought Brian Barbosa (who got up to IBF #3 at middleweight) and been in the ring with plenty of other pro's. So please don't jump to conclusions about people you don't know.

And if Wach happens to grab a paper title in the future....good for him. But that will just reinforce how bad the division has become today.
        I would say the HW division today is more talented than a Vinny Paz. Freakin Vinny Paz... Christ, anyone from the 80s is a God to some people.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
          I would say the HW division today is more talented than a Vinny Paz. Freakin Vinny Paz... Christ, anyone from the 80s is a God to some people.
          I never said Paz was a God, nor anyone else. Outside of the Klits though he's better than any of todays heavyweight contenders p4p.

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
            Wow Sir, thank you for the story you shared and the effort you put into it. Even not sparring Collins and training alongside must have been an honour. You really are privileged for sharing the gym with these elite athletes. Respect even though we have conflicts in boxing opinion you really have humbled me with the story. Respect Sir.
            Thank you for the kind words.

Comment

Damn, so it was Wach who 'finished with Haye' was it!

I hope he doesn't 'finish with' Sasha in the same manner. I'm looking forward to that fight!

Comment

I never said Paz was a God, nor anyone else. Outside of the Klits though he's better than any of todays heavyweight contenders p4p.
                No he's not. Haye, amongst others, would KO Paz p4p and it'd be an ugly sight. Vinny Paz is part of the horribly overrated era.

Comment

No he's not. Haye, amongst others, would KO Paz p4p and it'd be an ugly sight. Vinny Paz is part of the horribly overrated era.
                  Would you like me to name some of the fighters in and around Vinny's weight class to prove that not only was it a better era p4p, it was far better. Camacho, Taylor, Whitaker, Chavez, Haugen, Rosario, Nelson, Fenech, Honeyghan, Starling. Your turn now, go ahead and name all the great heavyweight of this era. I'll wait.

Comment

Vinny beat who in their prime? That's what I f'n thought. A guy like Haye would knock him cold P4P or straight up. Keep your 80s close to your heart though.

Comment

Vinny beat who in their prime? That's what I f'n thought. A guy like Haye would knock him cold P4P or straight up. Keep your 80s close to your heart though.

Haye beat who in his prime? And besides, we were comparing era's. Im still waiting for you to name the great contenders of this heavyweight era. It has nothing to do with keeping anything close, it has to do with reality! Now hurry up and get me that list!!

Comment

Working...
                      X