Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would a fight with Toney and Benn look like?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would a fight with Toney and Benn look like?

Nigel Benn obviously the underdog but I think Benns one of those fighters that will give any opponent a fight, probably my favourite fighter. Would this be a boring toney descision or would this turn into a fight and if benn lands, could toney take his shots?

I don't think Benn fits the mold for what really troubles Toney. Toney would fiercely counter him. He wouldn't get it as bad as Barkley, but bad enough. Unless Toney comes in way out of shape, in which case it's a toss up.

Comment

Well, I think it would have been exciting and full of "maybe" as long as it lasted. Benn, I think, would take the first round with his aggression as Toney laid back and watched him, looking for major weaknesses and letting his confidence build; but, ultimately, Toney'd pick him apart and stop him between 7 and 9, IMO.

Benn was excitement personified and while he modified his style somewhat after the Watson loss, he wasn't in the same hemisphere as Toney on skill. He'd never hit Toney solid, I don't think; and, if he did, JT had a great chin. I think Toney counters and jabs him to death until, finally, by way of accumulation of counterpunches and missed punch-exhaustion by Benn, Nigel gets kayoed.

Comment

Bombs would be dropped in this fight,,,

But i think it would look alot like the toney-barkley fight,,,

Toney would be too slick and would counter benn all night and stop him in under 10

Comment

Toney knocks him out. Nigel would be swinging and missing while JT bust him up with sharp counters. Bit like the Iran Barkley fight but shorter

Comment

I'm a huge Benn fan but I think Toney's style would be all wrong for him. He'd be countered to buggery.

Eubank, on the other hand, would be a very competitive bout with Toney. The pre Watson Eubank.

Comment

I am watching these guys fight right now and still paying good money for it.

Comment

Working...
              X