Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the older fighter to be in a professional bout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was the older fighter to be in a professional bout?

So, I was watching "Rocky Balboa" the other day and it got me thinking. I know Archie Moore was very old but there was some controversy regarding his real age. That Bozella guy was 52, I think. The oldest one who, at least, talked about stepping into the ring was Foreman, who wanted to challenge Vitali in 2003. Foreman was 53 back then. Do you have any other examples?

To the top.

Comment

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=235&cat=boxer
      Last fought at the age of 61. Would be surprised if someone could find anyone older.
      As for someone more people will know about, Larry Holmes fought Butterbean at 52.

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
        Last fought at the age of 61. Would be surprised if someone could find anyone older.
        As for someone more people will know about, Larry Holmes fought Butterbean at 52.
        Holy Crap, all of this guys lost(except one) have been UDs? even the one at 62? some adamantium chin hes got...

search on youtube, Saoul Mamby last fight...

Edit. this guy went the distance with Roberto Manos De Piedra duran in 1976, Holy Crap
        Last edited by googol; 11-30-2012, 07:26 PM.

Comment

there was a sactioned bout between two guys in their 70's. I believe it took place in the 30's or 40's.

Comment

hold up let me check david price's resume to find out

Comment

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=235&cat=boxer
              The guy was three months away from his 61st birthday and still fighting. That's got to be the winner there. I know he was a champion but it's an interesting case considering that most boxers, still in their 40's, have trouble getting licensed.

Comment

lost 34 (KO 1)
                What a ****ing chin.

Duran[1976], Ronnie Shields, McGirt, Vaca, Maurice Blocker, Javier Castillejo all pretty good punchers and all of them just decisioned him. WTF lol.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  What a ****ing chin.

Duran[1976], Ronnie Shields, McGirt, Vaca, Maurice Blocker, Javier Castillejo all pretty good punchers and all of them just decisioned him. WTF lol.
                  thats what I´m talking about... zab judah should hire him on the spot, as chin trainer.. I bet at near 70 Mamby can still take a punch better than Zab or Khan.. oh and that was a TKO not a KO and he was 46 years old at the time, I´m telling you this Mofo can take a punch

Comment

Earnie Shavers fought at 52. He was knocked out in the 2nd round.

Comment

Working...
                    X