Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Floyd really be classified as a boring fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're a casual fan that expects knockouts and doesn't understand the sweet science, then yeah, Floyd's a "boring" fighter

Comment

He's pretty much shaken that tag off now, to be honest. At least in my opinion

Comment

He's only really perceived to be boring because like the Klits, he's usually so dominant that he takes the sting and tension out of fights early on. Last night was fun cos he showed some vulnerability.

I am still very surprised he's a mainstream star though, only cos his style is more one that boxing heads appreciate than the casual fans.

Comment

I like everything about Floyd except when he starts holding for 10+ seconds. It really takes time off the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
            I like everything about Floyd except when he starts holding for 10+ seconds. It really takes time off the clock.
            Didn't know he fought Kirkland.

Comment

I like to watch all his fights. He is not a wrestler, a holder, a mauler or a guy that holds and hits. Those guys are the boring, annoying fighters to me. Guys like Ward, Molina, Hatton, Direll, Mosley and Berto. Floyd gets the job done with hand speed, timing, accuracy and technique. I find him a pleasure to watch. He does not need to hold a guy in place with one hand to land a punch with the other hand.

Comment

Yeah Floyd isn't boring at all. I've enjoyed all his fights but recently he seems to be more aggressive which definitely helps with the entertainment factor.

OK, apart from the Baldo fight

Comment

casual fan: yes
                  hardcore fan: not really

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Floyd went into the trenches & fought a great fight. That fight was FOTY material.
                    true...they went at it!!...better fight than I expected...good stuff from BOTH dudes!!

I think dudes give Floyd a bad label too often....if he fights a disciplined fight and not take risks he doesn't need to and outboxes his opponents...its called boring...but if he takes the risks and gets hit with shots he normally avoid having to feel...he's some how losing the fight...smh...imo he has ALWAYS been fun to watch....don't know how the BORING label found its way to him....I thought the punch and grab and the jab and grab dudes had THAT label on lock!!

Comment

Floyd only fights as much he has to.

If his opponent is aggressive and throws a lot of punches, then Floyd will fight back hard.

If his opponent doesn't do much, then neither will Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X