Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Campillo: I'm in Better Shape, Faster, Smarter Than Cloud

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Campillo: I'm in Better Shape, Faster, Smarter Than Cloud

Gabriel Campillo can’t think of any reason why he can’t take Tavoris Cloud’s light heavyweight title Feb. 18 in Corpus Christi, Texas.

[Click Here To Read More]

I think Campillo wins a close decision. I see Campillo having a lot of success early, but Cloud is impossible to discourage. His persistence will make it a lot closer towards the end, and could provide him with an opportunity for a KO. If it makes it to the final bell, I can't see Cloud having the edge in rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
      I think Campillo wins a close decision. I see Campillo having a lot of success early, but Cloud is impossible to discourage. His persistence will make it a lot closer towards the end, and could provide him with an opportunity for a KO. If it makes it to the final bell, I can't see Cloud having the edge in rounds.
      If it's remotely close Cloud gets the decision. I could see a Kotelnyk-Devon or Lara-PW type robbery happening here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        If it's remotely close Cloud gets the decision. I could see a Kotelnyk-Devon or Lara-PW type robbery happening here.
        Actually that's true. I'm tired of the better fighter constantly getting robbed, but in reality that's how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
          Actually that's true. I'm tired of the better fighter constantly getting robbed, but in reality that's how it goes.
          Fuk Don King is Cloud's promoter same as Devon Alexander who won his Kotelnyk and Matthysse fights via robbery. No way in hell does Campillo win a decision, doesn't matter if he wins every round.

Comment

Campillo is what you call the stinker type. Effective but not exiting. He has the type of style to give Cloud some issues. Hopefully Cloud trained and is motivated after the Erdie letdown.

Comment

Cloud isn't THAT good, I am sorry. Not sold on him at all. He was having a lot of trouble with Mack, his last fight, and Mack isn't that good. Campillo will be his toughest fight so far, for sure. But, if it's close, they'll give it to Cloud.

Cloud and Cleverly should fight, provided they both win their next fights. It would set up a nice LHW tournament. Cleverly-Cloud winner vs. Hopkins-Dawson II winner in October/November 2012????

And Pascal can fight Sillakh to try and get back into the mix.
              Last edited by 4Corners; 02-14-2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Toughest fight of Cloud's career.

C'mon Cloud knock this dude out and make a statement!

Comment

Tougher than Glen Johnson? No! I cant see the average Campillo winning this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
                    Tougher than Glen Johnson? No! I cant see the average Campillo winning this fight.
                    styles make fights. Glen Johnson may have been a more physical fight, because both fought toe to toe, but Campillo will use a lot of movement and stay on the outside, which I believe will give Cloud a lot of problems.

Campillo is a solid fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X