Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamboa vs Broner = (mini) Pacquiao vs (mini) Mayweather??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gambao fights nothing like Pacquiao. He likes to stay out, pick his moments, counter at times and gnerally beat guy's with his skill-level.

Broner can't touch Gamboa.

Comment

I think Gamboa wrecks Broner at 130.

Salido would beat Broner but it would be a close fight.

Broner could develop and be great in a few years but right now he's an underdog to both, and a big underdog to Gamboa. And I'm not even mad yo.

The obvious about Gamboa =//= Pac has already been stated so I'll refrain from that.

Comment

I believe he is more likely refferring to 2 upcoming stars clashing. No doubt they both will be mentioned as top p4p if neither loses. So therefore they are on the track of becoming next May and PAC.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
          I believe he is more likely refferring to 2 upcoming stars clashing. No doubt they both will be mentioned as top p4p if neither loses. So therefore they are on the track of becoming next May and PAC.
          he clearly states "stylistically".

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
            he clearly states "stylistically".
            Lol my bad

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
              Pac and Gamboa fight nothing alike....

If PDL gave Broner trouble (maybe even beating him) I can't imagine Broner having an easy night with a faster more technically sound fighter in Gamboa who's also got more experience.
              people are forgetting gamboa is 5'5" and trying to move up 10lbs. (although the broner fight would only be 4lbs)
              He also doesn't have any counter punchers on his resume nor any defensively sound fighters. For all we know, he could look worse than Donaire against that style.

It is my understanding that Rigo bested Gamboa on 3 separate occasions in the AMs and I've seen many Rigo AM fights, he isn't too much different now. So, that immidiately tells me gamboa (although Rigo is a special talent) has an issue with counter punchers. It's no suprise though, he flurries with his chin up often and makes himself easy to hit. Lesser min without any serious power, credentials or countering ability have dropped him in these exchanges.

Let's not assume anything until we've seen how Gamboa handles these type of styles.
              Last edited by intoccabile; 04-25-2012, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Gamboa is a BOXER who just so happen to have Fast Hands and Power

he he way more skilled then Pacquiao overall thanks to his amazing Amateur background

Broner is very talented but give the guy time to develop, people are judging this 22 year old fighters legacy already as is his career is towards the end and as if he has reached his peak as a fighter already, Broner is not even in his PRIME yet, compared to Gamboa so yes right now I think Gamboa would beat Broner...RIGHT NOW! But who knows how Broner Develops in a year or two

some will say "Look What Happened To JuanMa" JuanMa vs Gamboa should of happened...UH...NO! Its just proof that JuanMa would have gotten destroyed by Gamboa with in 5 rounds especially with that ***** Defense

So if Gamboa and Broner are good enough then in 1-2 years they will ultimately run into each other both still being "UNDEFEATED"
                Last edited by sicko; 04-25-2012, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Gamboa and Pac are hardly alike.

Broner and Mayweather are hardly alike.

Comment

Broner and Hank Lundy are going at it on twitter haha

Comment

Working...
                    X