Collapse
No announcement yet.

This vid looks really bad for Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of an agenda, in the opening video in one of the clips includes the fight vs Mario Veit.

Calzaghe knocked him down 3 times prior to he stoppage.

That said, this is a British problem. About 7/10 fights get stopped too early. If it is world title fight that changes obviously as we get the foreign refs then more often than not.

Richie Davies, Ian John Lewis, Terry O'Connor all those old-timer British refs will stop fights very early.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Bit of an agenda, in the opening video in one of the clips includes the fight vs Mario Veit.

Calzaghe knocked him down 3 times prior to he stoppage.

That said, this is a British problem. About 7/10 fights get stopped too early. If it is world title fight that changes obviously as we get the foreign refs then more often than not.

Richie Davies, Ian John Lewis, Terry O'Connor all those old-timer British refs will stop fights very early.

It's not consistent at all though. Another one of your old timers is Mickey Vann.

I remember in the Katsidis-Earl fight Katsidis was busting Earl's ass and Earl's corner threw the damn towel into the ring and Vann threw it out, let the fight continue, and Earl landed a huge shot not long after.

I don't know if Vann is any of these Calslappy vids, but what he did in the Katsidis-Earl fight was one of the most impressive referee performances I can recall.

He was so good that he was forced into retirement for not ending fights on the first clean punch.

Comment

If the same logic and reason was used to stop those fights where used in the Hop and Jones fights, those refs would have feared that Calzaghe had **** himself and fell to his death.

Comment

Working...
        X