Tommy Morrison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quarry View Post
    you must have forgotten his performance against Mercer and Michael Bent

I didn't include those fights because I was using an example where his chin was not his only limitation.

Comment

He was fighting in Lewis Bowe and Holyfields era a tough group of champion there not to mention Oliver Mccall Ray Mercer and Micheal Moorer.damn the hws were deep wtf happened.

Comment

Morrison's a bit underrated. He got knocked out by Bent and Mercer, mainly because he was shagged out. I don't think he'd have lost either of those fights had he not been in a Rocky film and become a hard drinking playboy. The HIV thing, which he now denies is a pretty bizarre situation in itself. Well it certainly put full blown aids into his career thats for sure.

As for Morrison the fighter, he wasn't bad at all. A natural athlete with one of the best left hooks in the business. Kind'a falls into the category of contenders (or WBO champs) who on their day could have beaten a handfull of ex lineal champs but so happened to be in a tough era while suffering from sex and drink addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
          Morrison's a bit underrated. He got knocked out by Bent and Mercer, mainly because he was shagged out. I don't think he'd have lost either of those fights had he not been in a Rocky film and become a hard drinking playboy. The HIV thing, which he now denies is a pretty bizarre situation in itself. Well it certainly put full blown aids into his career thats for sure.

As for Morrison the fighter, he wasn't bad at all. A natural athlete with one of the best left hooks in the business. Kind'a falls into the category of contenders (or WBO champs) who on their day could have beaten a handfull of ex lineal champs but so happened to be in a tough era while suffering from sex and drink addiction.
          I hate to say it but Morrison couldve very well been undisputed if he replaced Tyson from 1986-1990. Maybe Tony Tucker edges one over him, but the other guys he beats soundly.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
            He was fighting in Lewis Bowe and Holyfields era a tough group of champion there not to mention Oliver Mccall Ray Mercer and Micheal Moorer.damn the hws were deep wtf happened.
            He was dominated by Lewis and Mercer the only two on your list.

The 90s were not that good, they were just better then the 80's and 2000's, so people go on and on about the 90's. During the 90's Holyfield was good, Lewis was not bad, Tyson was washed up, and Bowe had a short prime.

Comment

Working...
            X