So boxing is useless in a street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here we go again...pathetic thread

Comment

its especially useless when a big deal of u being a boxer is made of it and ur opponent knows to go for a takedown right away..

and also useless when ur as fat as toney.. who came in 20 pounds heavier than his last fight

Comment

Boxing has its place in a street fight. Indeed, it was highly valuable to this guy

Nothing against locks and takedowns etc., they take a lot of skill and are destructive. But this guy would have had his ass handed to him had he gone to ground. Proper striking technique is always valuable, which boxing provides.

Comment

Originally posted by PhooLzRUs View Post
          Never underestimate the element of surprise.

If a MMA fighter and a boxer met on the streets it would go down like this:

MMA fighter is trained in all aspects of fighting, including striking, now remember the MMA fighter DOESNT KNOW he's fighting a trained boxer, so naturually he's going to attempt to stand up with this anonymous ******* who dares challenge me, I'm a ****ing cage fighter.

Now the boxer only knows how to do one thing, but he's trained in that one thing down to a mother****ing science, so he's going to square up with the MMA fighter.

I believe by the time the MMA fighter realized "Holy ****, this guy can throw a ****ing punch" he's going to be knocked out on the ground. I truly believe an MMA figher in a street fight is going to attempt to box, just because he's trained in boxing a little bit, and he's going to be arrogant and assume the regular civilian has no ****ing clue on how to fight.

What happened today was a sanctioned fight. We all KNEW Tony was a boxer. Couture already knew he wasnt going to stand a chance if he tried to box with him.

In a street fight the MMA fighter doesn't know the guy he's fighting knows how to box or vise-versa. But all fights start standing up. So that's my two-cents.

Never underestimate the element of surprise. I'd give the boxer an edge in a street fight.
          those are great points.

Comment

Of course, any contact sport is by nature. Boxing was born in the streets and still today there's underground fighting.
            Boxing is the evolution as a sport that started with streetfighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
              That's basically what MMA fans are saying on sherdog forums. I encourage these fools to try and square up with a legit in shape non washed up boxer and see how fast they get K.O'd.
              I don't see how rolling on the ground like ****s is gonna be useful in a street fight, especially if someone can get their hands on a knife or a bat.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                That's basically what MMA fans are saying on sherdog forums. I encourage these fools to try and square up with a legit in shape non washed up boxer and see how fast they get K.O'd.

Comment

I'm waiting for someone to come to me bragging about a fight they got in to at a club or something and tell me he made them tap out via armbar..

Comment

Working...
                  X