No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salido is Going To Impose His Will on Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Salido is Going To Impose His Will on Lomachenko

WBO featherweight champion Orlando Salido (40-12-2, 28KOs) has already started preparing for a March 1 defense against two-time Olympic gold medal winner Vasyl Lomachenko (1-0, 1KO) of Ukraine.

Lomachenko, one of the best amateur fighters of all-time, made his pro debut last month of the Marquez-Bradley undercard and easily dispatched experienced contender Jose Ramirez. On the same card, Salido knocked out Orlando Cruz to recapture the WBO crown.

Salido-Lomachenko will be the HBO televised co-feature to the rematch between Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Bryan Vera. [Click Here To Read More]

I have one of those feelings that Salido spoils his breakout night. Not that he wins, but he has more success than people expect.

And not because LOMO ain't the truth, but because this will be a learning experience for him.

Comment

Very risky fight for both of them. Lomachenko fighting an extremely experienced Salido in his second fight and Salido knowing that if he loses he'll look terrible by losing against a guy who was just 1-0 before entering the ring.

Comment

Excited to see lomachenko against a veteran like Salido . This is a good test for him to see where he's at, as far as the pros .

Comment

It really doesn't make sense to me why top rank and Loma feel the need to make this kind of jump right out the gate.

But than again, I'm so use to seeing Russell vs TBA, that maybe my brain can't handle, that this is how it should be.

Comment

Gary Russell Jr should've been had one of these type of fights before he has to actually to step in the ring with someone that's elite, and doesn't know what to do when he's in trouble.

LOMO's management is playing it smart with this fight. Guy he should beat, but also a great learning experience.

Comment

I'd be shocked if Lom wins. He has never been in the deep waters with anyone, let alone Salido who turns it up late in rounds Lom has never seen.

Comment

I think Lomachenko at this stage in his career will have what it takes to beat the old veteran, it will not be easy for Loma for sure.

Salido has a lot of pride and won't go down without a fight but he's getting old(ring age) and can see him tiring late in the fight which will better suit Lomachenko.

Comment

Salido going to make it a tough and rough night.

Welcome to the pro game I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                    It really doesn't make sense to me why top rank and Loma feel the need to make this kind of jump right out the gate.

But than again, I'm so use to seeing Russell vs TBA, that maybe my brain can't handle, that this is how it should be.
                    i dont understand what the rush is either. loma seems like the truth but throwing him in there with someone like salido is a huge risk! i think loma's first fight was only 4-6 rounds and im sure this fight will be 12. i know from experience that jumping up that many rounds this quick is major against a vet like salido. if loma pulls this one off they have a real star on there hands.

Comment

Working...
                    X