No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner: Malignaggi is Easy Money; Video of Crazy Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Broner: Malignaggi is Easy Money; Video of Crazy Shot

Adrien “The Problem” Broner and CEO of Golden Boy Promotions Richard Schaefer both made a big announcement Saturday night on both sides of the country regarding a deal being reached for Broner to jump up two weight classes and fight WBA Welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi in New York at the Barclays Center on June 22nd.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'm surprised they didn't scream "Worldstar"

Comment

World star! World star!

Comment

Broner by KO. No late then Rd 8.

Comment

Don't care for this fight or the crazy shot in the video, I like and respect Malignaggi but plenty of better opponents out there for Broner like Abril, Vazquez, Burns or even Gamboa. I don't expect Malignaggi to provide any kind of challenge, I don't want to hear about size either, there is no size difference here, besides height Broner holds every physical advantage here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
            Don't care for this fight or the crazy shot in the video, I like and respect Malignaggi but plenty of better opponents out there for Broner like Abril, Vazquez, Burns or even Gamboa. I don't expect Malignaggi to provide any kind of challenge, I don't want to hear about size either, there is no size difference here, besides height Broner holds every physical advantage here.
            No doubt, Paulie of 2013 poses absolutely no threat to anyone. Its pretty sad. bypass all the hot fights at 135 and 140 for a shell of a fighter

And he's supposed to be the "future" of this sport.

Its a sad future

Comment

I actually disagree with others and dont mind the fight. 1st off Im not sold on Broner's overall ability. I would love to see him have one fight where he doesnt clown and where I could see him do something more than stand in the pocket. He's young so he should have very good legs but weve never seen it, even with his athleticism.

My thing is this though. No one should rip him until you see what happenes next. Its only bad if he doesnt do anything next. To me it could be a great strategic move. Those guys at 140 are great and use to the weight but if he beats Paulie then he has the experince at an even higher weight than them. Now if he fights one of them next, it almost feels like he's coming down in weight to do it instead of moving up.

Its like I think he can beat the guys at 140 but if he moved up right now and fought them I wouldnt be as confident in him winning as I would be if he fought Paulie at WW and then came down to 140 and fought those guys in the next fight

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                I actually disagree with others and dont mind the fight. 1st off Im not sold on Broner's overall ability. I would love to see him have one fight where he doesnt clown and where I could see him do something more than stand in the pocket. He's young so he should have very good legs but weve never seen it, even with his athleticism.

My thing is this though. No one should rip him until you see what happenes next. Its only bad if he doesnt do anything next. To me it could be a great strategic move. Those guys at 140 are great and use to the weight but if he beats Paulie then he has the experince at an even higher weight than them. Now if he fights one of them next, it almost feels like he's coming down in weight to do it instead of moving up.

Its like I think he can beat the guys at 140 but if he moved up right now and fought them I wouldnt be as confident in him winning as I would be if he fought Paulie at WW and then came down to 140 and fought those guys in the next fight
                Malignaggi will provide no test, he isn't physical, he doesn't have WW power, so Malignaggi will provide no type of indicator as to how well Broner can perform at 140. I understand where your getting at, but again Malignaggi is not physical, he's a one handed pure boxer with minimal punching power.

Vazquez, Burns, Abril and Gamboa would provide bigger challenges, Vazuqez, Abril would truly test how well Broner can cut off the ring, more so than Malignaggi who has lost a lot of his mobility. Gamboa will test how well Broner can deal with an opponent who can fight in spurts.

Comment

Malignaggi will provide no test, he isn't physical, he doesn't have WW power, so Malignaggi will provide no type of indicator as to how well Broner can perform at 140. I understand where your getting at, but again Malignaggi is not physical, he's a one handed pure boxer with minimal punching power.

Vazquez, Burns, Abril and Gamboa would provide bigger challenges, Vazuqez, Abril would truly test how well Broner can cut off the ring, more so than Malignaggi who has lost a lot of his mobility. Gamboa will test how well Broner can deal with an opponent who can fight in spurts.
                  true but my point is Paulie may box & move which may show us a lil more out of Broner although Paulie seems to have it in his head that he will be the bigger & stronger guy.

Im fine with all those fights you named but like I said to homie in the other thread, if he fights a bum next then he deserves to be ripped. My thing is that 140 & 147 are full of good names and most likely he will fight one of those guys.

Comment

Broner Confirmed What We All Knew; He & Floyd Are All About Safe Easy $

Mags has beaten nobody credible. He could be a light heavyweight, it won't matter. Mags can't beat Judah. Mags was hopeful to fight Hatton, so that shows you where his head and career are. Mags is a Friday Night Fights opponent. Mags can't beat the sparring partners Broner will bring in. But if Broner had any ballz, he'd fight Garcia, Maidana, Matthysse, Rios, Gamboa for starters. He could have even fought Gesta, who was recently upset!!! You stoop to these low levels to fight Mags because some deadbeat promoter wants to give you a million or two. That promoter should be suspended for promoting such a lousy fight. WHO has Mags beaten?!!!!? He was recently challenging Ricky Hatton; what does that tell you!

Comment

Working...
                    X