No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Williams-Botha Controversy Will Likely Bring Investigation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
    Was Botha winning or was the fight close?
    The fight wasn't close, but the momentum was with Botha. You could tell it was his strategy to come on late in the fight. In the 10th he hurt Williams and had him staggering around. He might have been able to close the show in the following round or 2, but we'll never know.

Comment

This was some old school WWF ****... Should be ruled a no contest. Williams was done and they ended it for him to win the decision. So obvious a blind man could see it. But hey, that's fine with him, he thought Mundine won vs Geale. Moron. Go back to rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
        This reminds me of that Mike Lee fight which was 4 rounds then it was extended to 6 except I didnt hear anything about them investigating that fight.

Was Botha winning or was the fight close?
        Certain undercard fights could be extended or shortened depending on the time slot. When i went to Gacria-Morales 2, i think the Gomez bout was scheduled for 4 or 6 rounds on all the screens in the Arena. The fight lasted only 2 rounds but it seems rounds can be shortened or extended mid fight

This fight however was always set for 12 rounds

Comment

such bull****

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
            This specific belt has been fought for at both 10 and 12 rounds so you can't judge off of that.

It's either in the contract as 10 or 12. I would be interested in seeing pre fight press conference clips, media releses etc by SBW's promoters.

Botha repeatedly double punching the sides of SBW's head because the ref wouldn't stop the holding was classic.
            botha has done that double punch to the ears in lots of his fights. from what i read & understand the judges & everyone thought it was a 12 round fight. it was scheduled to be 12 rounds...

Comment

Garbage ass fight, Williams was holding all night, and the ref decides to take a point away only at the very end....

Botha was about to KO him, and those Aussie announcers didn't help one bit with their nuthuggery. It was actually hard to watch and I developed a headache by the time it was over.

I wish Williams misery and misfortune in his career.

Comment

Anyone saying Botha "might" have finished him in the last two rounds, "might" there is not "might", he WOULD have.

Round 10 was a 10-7 round, Williams was gassed, he was getting hit upside the head repeatedly, his legs had gone and he was wobbling around the ring, he couldn't even get his hands up and instead simply fell forward into botha and leaned on him repeatedly. If you saw Khan Maidana, he was in worse shape than Khan was after aeating that right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  Anyone saying Botha "might" have finished him in the last two rounds, "might" there is not "might", he WOULD have.

Round 10 was a 10-7 round, Williams was gassed, he was getting hit upside the head repeatedly, his legs had gone and he was wobbling around the ring, he couldn't even get his hands up and instead simply fell forward into botha and leaned on him repeatedly. If you saw Khan Maidana, he was in worse shape than Khan was after aeating that right hand.

Not only would Botha have easily finished him in Round 11 there is a pretty good chance SBW's team wouldn't have allowed him to start the round. He was done.

I could be mistaken but in the midst him getting his ass kicked I swear I saw his corner on the ring apron well before the final bell.

His rugby contract is probably lucrative and someone has a real vested interest in him finishing this fight without being given a concussion that would keep him out of contact sports for a couple months.

Comment

Me thinks the fix was in on this one: Any of you had gander at the odds? Williams was a 5 to 1 favorite..... If odds were set like this the bookies would be out of a job in a week. Botha may not have been an elite guy but he should have been a favorite fighting this guy. Something was up with this one, I would have gladly bet on those odds but had a feeling that they were a little too good to be true and it looks like they were.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      Me thinks the fix was in on this one: Any of you had gander at the odds? Williams was a 5 to 1 favorite..... If odds were set like this the bookies would be out of a job in a week. Botha may not have been an elite guy but he should have been a favorite fighting this guy. Something was up with this one, I would have gladly bet on those odds but had a feeling that they were a little too good to be true and it looks like they were.
                      5:1?
                      Jesus... where you getting your odds. Before I left this morning, he was standing at -160... a lot closer than 5:1.

Comment

Working...
                      X