No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn on The Froch/Kessler/Stevenson Situation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    The IBF mandatory threw a spanner in the works for the rematch but I believe it has been agreed in principle, just the minor details to iron out. Hearn doesn't want his fighter to lose the belt, even if Froch isn't bothered, so Kessler-Froch II will probably happen in the summer.

Froch knows Kessler is a very beatable opponent and both get on great with each other. Just put your feet up and relax - this fight will be happening this year.

What exactly do you base that on?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
      One could argue that Froch deserved to win the first fight.
      Also, Kessler seems to have been on the slide a bit since the first fight, while Froch seems to have improved.

Comment

I don't think Froch or anyone else in the division (besides maybe Ward) would consider Kessler 'very' beatable but rather he is someone who Froch believes he is capable of beating if he gives it his best. He knows it will be a war.

Comment

Originally posted by KJB View Post
          One could argue that Froch deserved to win the first fight.
          Also, Kessler seems to have been on the slide a bit since the first fight, while Froch seems to have improved.
          The overwhelming majority of posters here on this board had Kessler winning the first fight.

Comment

Look at how close the first fight was and Froch himself thought he won. Very beatable doesn't translate to an easy Froch win, it just means that he has a very good chance of winning.

Since they met in '10, Froch has had the much better run and has been injury free. Kessler's been out with an injury and since his return, fought mediocre opposition.

I think Kessler has the beatings of Froch again though, it's the bodywork which subdued Froch's late onslaught and the Dane will do it again in another close fought contest.

Comment

Can't blame Stevenson for wanting the payday at 35... But he wouldn't ever beat Carl...

I'd pick Froch to beat Kessler in any country that isn't Denmark right now

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                Because it is dragging out.

Froch wants Kessler. Maybe he doesn't want to pay him.
                Froch would rather fight Kessler than Adonis, so I disagree with you there.. No one knows what the hold up is, Froch was insiunating that Kessler is having second thoughts last week on SKYSPORTS but I don't believe it until I hear from both sides, One thing we all know is Kessler doesn't want to come to Nottingham but would do the fight elsewhere in the UK.

Comment

if no Kessler, I would love (as a Brit), Froch vs DeGale. Even if Froch has to vacate. Froch in 5.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
                    Why go to Canada? If the Stevenson fight happens should be in nottingham.
                    No better way to shut Stevenson up than knocking him cold in his own backyard,the Canadians highly overrate their fighters so this would be the icing on the cake.

Comment

Whats the **** is up with you Avatar are you **** or something ?

Take that **** down

Comment

Working...
                      X