No announcement yet.

Protective Wear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protective Wear

Hi there - I'm new here and just after some advice. My son has always been interested in boxing, something I have encouraged and he is looking at joining a club.
    I am happy for him to have such an interest, but obviously, as his Mum, it is my job to worry about him!! I want to get a step ahead and look at protective wear for him. What is the most important thing I should look at for him? I'm assuming it is a mouthguard/headguard?
    Any help greatly received.

A custom made mouthguard from a dentist is a good investment. Provides a lot more protection then a regular 'boil and bite' from a store it's also more comfortable and can talk and breathe better with it in.

Comment

Talk to the trainer first. He will be learning technique and form way before he is in any need for headgear. As I said earlier though, talk to the trainer about it. He will know best.
      Best of luck, Its nice to have a little recruit in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by BulgariasFinest View Post
        Talk to the trainer first. He will be learning technique and form way before he is in any need for headgear. As I said earlier though, talk to the trainer about it. He will know best.
        Best of luck, Its nice to have a little recruit in boxing.
        Definitely this is a good advice.

The trainer will know best what the boy will need. He might not even need one if the gym is that well equipped too. So good luck to the mother and son. Definitely go see the trainer first because he might even let the kid try on some gear just to get the right sizes.

Comment

Thank you for your advice/help. He is really enjoying himself and getting a lot out of his new hobby. He even seems to have grown in confidence!

I took your advice and spoke to the trainer. He said he would need a head guard in time, but it is not necessary so early on. I did however go ahead and buy a gum shield. I was advised against boil & bite and I came accross Piranha Guard (google - PIRANHA GUARD if anyone is interested). Brilliant quality product and great service, can't fault them. They also provided me with a discount code - PIRAN10 - if anyone wants to get a new gum shield.

Thanks again for your help, I'm sure I'll be back with more mother type questions!

Comment

Working...
          X