Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...What happened with Thomas Hauser having evidence that suggests Floyd is on PED's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Golden Boy known to hide drug tests from the public, and Floyd's testing agency being such shit, not even he's off the hook. The article itself was shit, it was more about Morales and Quillin than Floyd, but that doesn't mean Floyd isn't on the juice. I suspect most top boxers are on it.

Lance was able to hide it for so long. Only a matter of time.

Peterson, Berto, Gamboa...

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
      With Golden Boy known to hide drug tests from the public, and Floyd's testing agency being such shit, not even he's off the hook. The article itself was shit, it was more about Morales and Quillin than Floyd, but that doesn't mean Floyd isn't on the juice. I suspect most top boxers are on it.

Really, anyone who is being honest can admit this.

If you juice you might make millions more dollars than you would make without doing so. You're unlikely to get caught and sometimes it seems like everyone else at the top level is doing it too.

So why not? From a career point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        I don't understand why journalists haven't asked the relevant questions to Travis Tygart (USADA). Why this negligence?
        They do. Tygart just doesn't answer them. To be fair to Tygart I don't think he engages the media much anyway, except on his own terms. Which is understandable given the position that he's in.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          Really, anyone who is being honest can admit this.

If you juice you might make millions more dollars than you would make without doing so. You're unlikely to get caught and sometimes it seems like everyone else at the top level is doing it too.

So why not? From a career point of view.
          Have to agree. Low risk. Big rewards. This is business after all.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            There was zero evidence. Everyone was going by the "word" of a third party.....
            It was much ado about nothing really.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              There was zero evidence. Everyone was going by the "word" of a third party.....
              Really??? Zero evidence huh? Kinda like the PAC accusation then.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                I don't understand why journalists haven't asked the relevant questions to Travis Tygart (USADA). Why this negligence?
                GBP are the ones I would ask. USADA won't be at liberty to share an agreement they have with a customer. If the customer (GBP) who are paying decide to share the info thats something else

Some journalists wont push the issue when they are interviewing because they know they won't be able to call again, the promoter will not accept their calls, give them free tickets to a show or give them that breaking news scoop.

If a few different bigger & more established website journalists banded together and worked in cahoots to share the info, they could turn it on the promoters by all continually asking the same questions. The promoters need the journalists as much as the journalists need the promoters. Power in numbers = power to the people.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post

With Floyds testing agency being ****? Get your head out of your ass dude. That same **** agency is the one that brought Lance Armstrong down jackass. USADA picked up the investigation when no one else would. The FEDS had a two year investigation into Lance and ended up dropping it. USADA is as creditable as there is in the states. So your theory is USADA, who just barried Lance Armstrong an American icon, is some how in bed with Floyd the angry black man? Do you realize how ridiculous that **** sounds?

There are plenty of shows like Real Sports on HBO and ESPNs Outside the Lines that are dedicated to bringing freelance writers stories national and nobodies touched this story. If this story had any legs, as they say in journalism, the national media would be all over this. If you wouldve of read the story youd know its mostly about Peterson and Morales. But nobodies gonna read that ****. So he name dropped Floyd and bam got a few million more hits. Brilliant journalism.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                    I still wish a journalist would push Schaffer & GBP to understand the terms of the contract they have with USADA to see if its at least plausible that a dirty test result isn't instantly made public, but instead is revealed to GBP only

For all we know, all their fighters testing under the private agreement GBP have with USADA could mean just that, that nothing ever gets revealed unless they like the result and then release that one.is there medical testosterone exemptions In there? Just what is the contract made up of.

Possibly reaching, but the terms aren't clear and as we are talking about being open and honest, why not reveal the terms, it doesn't hurt anyone, it just adds even more credibility
                    Yep, there needs to be clarity and transparency. GBP are fine with uploading fight contracts to the web, so why not the drug test contract where fans have even more of a vested interest. They pushed a Morales fight through on the back of a failed drugs test so questions linger about the relationship.

Journalists can only push so far without printing actionable material.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 01-31-2013, 08:32 AM.

Comment

I don't believe Hauser ever said that and I think he just reiterated a rumor that originated from Gabe Montoya. Maybe this story has legs but hard to say that when it appears they have nothing to go on. Might be completely wrong but the idea that most of these top athletes are juicing isn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X