No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Not Bothered By The Critics of Lopez Defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Not Bothered By The Critics of Lopez Defense

Much criticism has been said of Saul “Canelo” Alvarez’s choice in opponent for his September 15th fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV as he will take on Josesito Lopez. Lopez who less than a year ago was campaigning at the 140 pound division, got the biggest victory of his career as he upset Victor Ortiz this past June and in turn ruined plans for a planned Ortiz and Alvarez fight.

While Lopez definitely showed heart and determination in his fight with Ortiz, many still think he will be too small for Alvarez. People have voiced their opinions but when Alvarez spoke with BoxingScene exclusively, he made it clear the choice in opponent wasn’t his fault. [Click Here To Read More]

I can't stand Canelo. Don't act like there was nobody willing to fight you. Lara anyone? Bundrage? They were BEGGING to fight you. I was all for Alvarez until this fight. I thought Sugar Shane would be the last over the hill/B class fighter you took on. Turns out I was wrong, and you want to be a paper champion.

Comment

The only thing that keeps me interested in this fight is Lopez's attitude.

The guy just gives no fcks that everything is stacked against him.

The biggest underdog story this year imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhp View Post
        I can't stand Canelo. Don't act like there was nobody willing to fight you. Lara anyone? Bundrage? They were BEGGING to fight you. I was all for Alvarez until this fight. I thought Sugar Shane would be the last over the hill/B class fighter you took on. Turns out I was wrong, and you want to be a paper champion.
        Trout was begging too!!

Remember where ya'll heard it 1st. "When ginger steps up & finally fights guys in his division, he's getting Bute'd"!!

Comment

No Canelo its not your fault those other guys didn't fight you.... but it is your fault you aren't fighting someone of your weight class.

Bundrage
          Cotto
          Martirosyan
          Trout
          Molina
          Angulo

You had a chance to fight anyone of these guys before they engaged in thier own fights. You had your chance to pick a lot of 147 lb boxers with names, maybe not the best name but more name than your current "challenger" But instead you choose to fight lil 140 lbs soaking wet Josesito. no Richie Cunningham its not your fault at all.

Comment

Originally posted by WhitehouseTKO View Post
            No Canelo its not your fault those other guys didn't fight you.... but it is your fault you aren't fighting someone of your weight class.

Bundrage
            Cotto - Not on this date
            Martirosyan -WBC wasnt allowing Vanes
            Trout - WBC is bsing about unification with WBA
            Molina - After his last sour fight he wasnt getting it
            Angulo - The guy was in prison, recently came out

You had a chance to fight anyone of these guys before they engaged in thier own fights. You had your chance to pick a lot of 147 lb boxers with names, maybe not the best name but more name than your current "challenger" But instead you choose to fight lil 140 lbs soaking wet Josesito. no Richie Cunningham its not your fault at all.
            Dude, see above. Canelo chose two serious fighters and the fight fell off. Why people like to over look that fact. The only guy his team ducked was Lara. You guys need to get your facts before basing all your talk (looks more like hate) in opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhp View Post
              What made me lol was when HBO Commentators were labeling his fight as an instant classic.

Comment

I forgot there was only 2 other junior middleweights in the division... our fault

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  I forgot there was only 2 other junior middleweights in the division... our fault
                  So who you want him to face then. Rosado? Are we going to believe in this renew guy for beating a smaller Soto and a guy like Powell? Quintana? For beating an overated Latimore? Or we are going to think that Ishe Smith is any good and he has a chance?

It is a business. GBP needs to sell the show to Showtime. Aint what we want, it is what those company want.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
                    So who you want him to face then. Rosado? Are we going to believe in this renew guy for beating a smaller Soto and a guy like Powell? Quintana? For beating an overated Latimore? Or we are going to think that Ishe Smith is any good and he has a chance?

It is a business. GBP needs to sell the show to Showtime. Aint what we want, it is what those company want.
                    There were so many people begging him for a shot that are JMW's:
                    Trout, Bundrage, Lara, Vanes, Molina.
                    2 of those guys are champions.... one of them is fighting Cotto now too since Alvarez and his team decided not to fight a JMW.
                    I think it's a farce that they're having lopez jump up in weight in 2 consecutive fights.
                    Good for Lopez, but it's still a B.S pick.
                    They can't act like there wasn't anybody else out there.

Comment

Working...
                    X