Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios-Alvarado Rematch Finalized For March 30 in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be good for a few rounds I see rios winning easier but I hope Alvarado makes it interesting

Comment

Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
      I think this next one will be even better than the 1st.

& it can go either way.
      It will probably be more boring, because Alvarado will try to box this time.

Comment

Yeah, not interested in it. Not seeing a reason for a rematch. It was an exciting fight, but still pretty one-sided

I expect Alvarado to stick n move for 10 rounds before submitting.

Would have preferred Rios/Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
          as for the rematch I think at a later date would have been better,these guys are just going to beat each other up again and leave themselves all beat up for future opponents,they should face different guys,win titles and later face each other,
          i agree with you, sir.

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
          That said I think Rios is gonna win easier, a mistake Rios did was that he wasn't using the jab and Rios can jab very well on his way in.
          Rios has a power-punch of a jab, but it's never really shown itself to be an artful or consistent tool.

you gave me a recollection, though:

Originally posted by Ring Leader View Post
          Originally posted by ianhunter View Post
          Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
          Gonna go with Rios here, Alvarado couldn't handle Prescott's jab and Rios has an equally as good of a jab, if not better
          rios categorically does not have as good a jab as prescott, or even close. more to the point, they don't use their jabs vaguely similarly.
          This.

Prescott has a great jab and hook off his left hand.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
            It was an exciting fight, but still pretty one-sided
            i suggest a review of the fight, my good sir. i say this as a big fan of mr. Rios.

Comment

Can't wait for this fight first one was non-stop all action Alvarado was fighting well up until he got caught up in that exchange in the end but the ref had to stop it cause at that point Alvarado wasn't throwing back and was seriously hurt at that point props to rios though wanting to fight him again he could have easily looked for an easier opponent

Comment

I kind of wish Rios was fighting someone else, but Top Rank doesn't have much at 140. Whatever, I know the two of them will end up throwing bombs at each other, it will be fun to watch anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                  It will probably be more boring, because Alvarado will try to box this time.
                  Alvarado can't fight 12 disciplined rounds against Rios he will box early on in the mid rounds he will get suckered into a brawl again and get Knocked out

Comment

ehh, another good scrap. rios by KO again but Rios doesnt gain anything from this fight. this should be a warning to other fighters to not sign up with slob arum kuz their stable is dry;just look at Bradley. Golden Boy is boxing.

Comment

I don't like this rematch so soon..it was a great fight but not the caliber of a Corrales/Castillo, Barrera/Morales..a loss for Alvarado throws him into obscurity and what does a win do for Rios, get's him a Pacquiao fight? A trilogy would too quick to make too. TR could easily be matching Rios vs Bradley or Rios and Alvarado vs GB fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X