Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Underrated and Overrated Boxers Today.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner is underrated to any one who thinks he's a bum.

Dmitry pirog is definitely overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
      You have JMM and Castillo in your underrated list, and surprise surprise Mayweather, who has actually beaten both of them on your overrated list. It's also even more hilarious as Floyd beat Castillo at his best weight as the "supposed greatest" ever in that weight class. Also consider what JMM just did to MP and it becomes even funnier.

Clearly Floyd was right about the boxing dynamic when he said "damn i wish i was Mexican"
      Everyone does.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
        Key point you missed there.....

So what exactly is the key point? Is he overrated or underrated??? Are you/him trying to imply he is only overrated above 135 and not at 35 and below? If that's the case why would he be on the underrated list? His body of work can't concurrently be underrated and overrated?

Comment

Originally posted by Jordank View Post
          Broner is underrated to any one who thinks he's a bum.

Dmitry pirog is definitely overrated.
          Broner is overrated as ****

Comment

Most overrated (At this stage of their careers);

Lara
            Golovkin
            Rigondeaux

They're top 3 IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
              Castillo - since he's still fighting i'll include him, although he may not be much currently. His legacy gets underrated, I still consider him the greatest LW since Whitaker.

Yet, he lost to Mayweather clearly in their rematch, but Floyd is overrated? Constipated logic son.
              wow ur dumb mayweather is rated a hell of alot higher than castillo by any and everyone while castillo should have a win over him and isnt rated at all

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                wow ur dumb mayweather is rated a hell of alot higher than castillo by any and everyone while castillo should have a win over him and isnt rated at all
                Obviously Mayweather is ranked higher overall.

But solely what's been accomplished at LW, Castillo is the best of his era and possibly the best LW since Whitaker.
                Last edited by IronDanHamza; 12-25-2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

You mean he actually criticizes one of his heroes?

Bullcrap, someone hacked his account.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Most overrated (At this stage of their careers);

Lara
                    Golovkin
                    Rigondeaux

They're top 3 IMO.
                    while they are untested and have been getting too much credit too soon (with the exception of lara) i dont think they are overrated. they are as good prospects as boxing has seen in recent years, ppl just forget that they are no more than that. prospects. again, with the exception of lara.

truly overrated fighters are JCCjr, kessler, pacquiao and bundgrage (even what little hype he gets is too much).

underrated fighters include:

adamek, burns, geale

alexander (he proved himself all over again since losing to bradley but ppl refuse to acknowledge it)

marquez (everyone knows hes great, but most ppl dont realise just how great he is)

stevenson (some holes in his game and still untested, but still deserves more credit than he gets. froch has a good reason to put their fight on ice for now but someone needs to step up and give adonis his shot already)

Comment

Castillo's legacy is one of the most underrated. His own people hardly acknowledge him. He's the best LW of his era.

I love how Mayweather's wins above 135 suck according to TS and Maniac (Gatti, Judah, Baldomir, De La Hoya, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto) but then Marquez' resume and legacy is supposedly underrated (Peden, Gainer, Salido, Barrera, Casamayor, J. Diaz, Katsidis, and Pacquiao). I'd say Marquez is rated just right, as is Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X