Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriousley, why dont Yanks support there fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriousley, why dont Yanks support there fighters?

How come all these guys like Dawson, Hopkins, and even Berto to an extent dont get support? I know america is a big place but why cant they fill a 10,000 arean or something?

Hopkins i take back, but his ppv's are kinda low.,,,,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
      How come all these guys like Dawson, Hopkins, and even Berto to an extent dont get support? I know america is a big place but why cant they fill a 10,000 arean or something?
      Not really that hard to figure out... cause there are a lot more boxers to support, unlike the UK, Philippines, Germany etc...

Comment

It is weird when you consider how many of us went to the Groves/DeGale fight for example - and who knows if both of these lads will get to world-level.

Boxing is a pretty marginalized sport in this country, too. I suppose it's all about T.V times, T.V money and logistics. The US is huge.
        Last edited by Sparked_1985; 10-05-2011, 02:28 PM.

Comment

yeah but the guys tend to be the best in the state, like hopkins is the best in philly, berto in Florida? why dont they have there state football team behind them or something?

Comment

Why do boxers have to come to the US to be truly recognized?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              because there is more money from the networks?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                I think at this stage that is almost exclusively down HBO and Showtime.

The Heavyweights certainly don't have to go to America - infact, it would be nonsensical for them to do so.

Comment

"good question just look at our country. Unless at times of devistaion. You see other countries flags raised more in America then American Flags.. thats why"-LV
                  Last edited by SoulByThePound; 10-05-2011, 02:51 PM. Reason: answered

Comment

yeah but the guys tend to be the best in the state, like hopkins is the best in philly, berto in Florida? why dont they have there state football team behind them or something?
                    Possibly b/c a lot of the guys you mention have at one time or another had unpleasing styles. Also, at times were matched up as stars being groomed. Also, NFL, MLB, and the NBA..(A. football, baseball and basketball) Finally, they don't really have a built in ethnic fan base or nationalistic fanbase to drive them.

It's really a mixed bag nationality wise in the US, so a pakistank person may not feel very driven to support a Hatian fighter just b/c they both live in America.

Ward does a decent job rallying people in Oakland, Pavlik was doing a great job getting support from Ohioans.. Ppl won't follow a guy just b/c they are good and are fellow Americans.
                    Last edited by DrewWoodside; 10-05-2011, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X