Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea when tickets go on sale for Floyd vs Guerrero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    yeah, thats the problem but also the date. The Zab-Garcia postponement screwed me all up. I was going to that fight but now they moved it a week before the Floyd fight and they are on opposite sides of the country. It normally wouldnt be bad since Im close to NY anyways but 2 days before that I was suppose to be in Oklahoma for a fightnight event where some celebs and ex boxers come to.

I just went to the Broner & Peterson fights. Im suppose to go see Hopkins in 2 weeks. Then Im trying to find away to go to the fightnight event, Zab-Garcia, and the Vegas card all within a week. On top of that Ive been really thinking of going to the Nonito fight and now GBP is talking about making Peterson-Matthysee with Alexander-Brook in my backyard which I would also wanna go to. All these dates are close. Im just trying to fight cheap seats & travel.........lol
    Wow, that's a heavy schedule

I'd love to be able to attend all these fights.

I'm going to Froch-Kessler 2 in London on May 25th. Which is the first fight I'll be going to (Other than Mayweather-Guererro) since I went to Mayweather-Mosley. We never really get intriuging fights over here. I was considering going to Haye-Chisora but decided not to in the end and also Hatton-Senchenko but thank God I didn't go to that

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I was incredibly naive and used a site that looked completely unlegit

I got there, was told I would be able to pick my tickets up from Mandalay Bay. I went there, and they said it's almost a 100% that I'd been scammed as they don't have a ticket office for that particular fight there.

So I called the number I was given on the website (A random mobile number) and my bill was through the roof as I was using the phone I use in the UK. Eventually, I got through and was told to go to a hotel room in one of the hotels on the strip, I forget which one, and went up there and picked it up. Very very dodgy guy with the latch on his door I'll not be doing that again.

That's why this time I want to go through a legit website like Ticketmaster or StubHub or whatever. I don't really know how things work in the U.S.
      That's a fooking amazing story

Comment

Besides buying a Galaxy Note 2. Ive never wanted to spend over $500 this badly on something so non essential ever lol.

Comment

I was incredibly naive and used a site that looked completely unlegit

I got there, was told I would be able to pick my tickets up from Mandalay Bay. I went there, and they said it's almost a 100% that I'd been scammed as they don't have a ticket office for that particular fight there.

So I called the number I was given on the website (A random mobile number) and my bill was through the roof as I was using the phone I use in the UK. Eventually, I got through and was told to go to a hotel room in one of the hotels on the strip, I forget which one, and went up there and picked it up. Very very dodgy guy with the latch on his door I'll not be doing that again.

That's why this time I want to go through a legit website like Ticketmaster or StubHub or whatever. I don't really know how things work in the U.S.
          wtfffff.... lol That is a horror movie waiting to happen.

"This HOLLOWEEN....... ONE MAN....... ONNNNNNE KILLER..... ONE BOXING MATCH....ONE ticket. ONE man is fighting for sport... ONE man is fighting for his LIFE.... WHICH ONE will succeed? Staring international super star Iron Dan as Danny Boy and Floyd Mayweather Jr in disguise as the pactarted ticket vender killer... In a world where 12 rounds of boxing will determine a diehard fans death becomes a reality. Time is running out for Danny Boy and the ref will not save him.... This Halloween, suspense, drama, horror, death, terror will haunt the ring... but before it all can happen, Danny boy must purchase................ ONE-TICKET.....One-Ticket coming to a theater near you" (Don LaFontaine's voice)

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
            That's a fooking amazing story
            I'm telling you, it was the most stressful time of my life

It was a friend of mine who booked the tickets. I told him, I said, "This doesn't look legit to me" he said, "It'll be fine". He's been to a few fights in Vegas over the last decade or so whereas I have been to very few.

When we got there and all this **** was going on, I was certain I'd been scammed. I made my mind up that I wasn't going, I was going to go to one of those closed circuit theatre things instead. Literally, on the actual day of the fight was when we finally got the tickets. Not going through that **** again.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
              wtfffff.... lol That is a horror movie waiting to happen.

"This HOLLOWEEN....... ONE MAN....... ONNNNNNE KILLER..... ONE BOXING MATCH....ONE ticket. ONE man is fighting for sport... ONE man is fighting for his LIFE.... WHICH ONE will succeed? Staring international super star Iron Dan as Danny Boy and Floyd Mayweather Jr in disguise as the pactarted ticket vender killer... In a world where 12 rounds of boxing will determine a diehard fans death becomes a reality. Time is running out for Danny Boy and the ref will not save him.... This Halloween, suspense, drama, horror, death, terror will haunt the ring... but before it all can happen, Danny boy must purchase................ ONE-TICKET.....One-Ticket coming to a theater near you" (Don LaFontaine's voice)

It felt that way. I wasn't even bothered about that, all I cared about was getting my ticket.

Comment

It felt that way. I wasn't even bothered about that, all I cared about was getting my ticket.
                That's crazy. I can't imagine dealing with that in Vegas during a major fight.. lol

My tickets for the Mayweather Cotto fight had been mailed to me about a month before the fight even took place. I wasn't even leaving FLA until I had them in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  That's crazy. I can't imagine dealing with that in Vegas during a major fight.. lol

My tickets for the Mayweather Cotto fight had been mailed to me about a month before the fight even took place. I wasn't even leaving FLA until I had them in hand.
                  That would be ideal but as I'm in the UK I don't think most U.S do international shipping any more and even if they do there's risk of not getting them in time. At least it doesn't seem it anyway.

I've been speaking to a few people and they've been saying they either have electronic email tickets now or you can pick them up from the ticket office from the MGM Grand. Either way, this time I'll definitely having everything in check when I buy them and know exactly what I'm doing from a 100% legit source.

Once the press release details come out with the ticket details and all of that I'll be getting hold of the MGM and see what I can do.

Comment

That would be ideal but as I'm in the UK I don't think most U.S do international shipping any more and even if they do there's risk of not getting them in time. At least it doesn't seem it anyway.

I've been speaking to a few people and they've been saying they either have electronic email tickets now or you can pick them up from the ticket office from the MGM Grand. Either way, this time I'll definitely having everything in check when I buy them and know exactly what I'm doing from a 100% legit source.

Once the press release details come out with the ticket details and all of that I'll be getting hold of the MGM and see what I can do.
                    I was going to go to this fight but have conflicting schedules. However I should be able to make it to the fight in September (assuming he fights again this year). Anyway yeah I would definitely make sure it's legit. That’s a long trip to make if you ended up getting scammed. Sometimes you can find good deals like Hotel, Air and fight ticket(s) in a package deal. I was going to last year but wanted to stay at THE Hotel Mandalay Bay and they didn't have one. It was really nice but expensive.

Anyway I would look at some of the different packages that hotels have to offer.

Comment

They will be announcing all soon, next couple days.

Comment

Working...
                      X