No announcement yet.

The parallels between Victor Ortiz and Amir Khan are striking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to see them fight too.

I can see everyone's favouring Ortiz in a blowout. Clearly the typical NSB mentality is in play, whoever's lost more recently is a bum

Comment

lol interesting comparison...

Comment

Originally posted by ts33 View Post
        To be a superstar you need to have more than just elite skills. You either have to be exciting like Pac/De la Hoya or talk a lot and be controversial like Floyd. He doesn't have superstar appeal, and i say that as a fan of Ward.
        Agree completely, Ward is good but his style isn't really what the casuals like and pay for to watch.

Comment

Wow, Khan and Ortiz are cosmic bro's

I still think Ortiz has a good chance of making something of himself if he can get his mind right, and fix some defensive problems. He has all the physical tools.

Khan is still a good fighter, and he can still have a long and exciting career. If he tightens his game up and trains with Floyd Sr or someone similar, I can see him being a Roger Mayweather type of fighter. He had a weak chin too, but his opponents had to get through a smart defense, and a murderous offense to get to it.

Comment

Let's not forget both have Mohawks lol. Mohawks will make you loose!

Comment

Originally posted by ts33 View Post
              Both 25 years old. American and British. Born to immigrants

Both highly thought of from a young age and were moved quickly to the big stage as professionals. Both have good resumes for their age (i said for their age before you shoot me down)

- Khan stopped in 2008. Chin a question mark since that fight (although it was even before then). 2 years later and one weight class higher, proves his chin isn't so bad by surviving round 10 to beat Maidana. FOTY for 2010

- Ortiz stopped in 2009. Heart a question mark since then. 2 years later and one weight class higher, and proves he has heart, getting up from a heavy knockdown to beat Berto. FOTY for 2011

Both take losses in late 2011, followed by a long period of inactivity.

Both have rematches scheduled in 2012, and both their opponents test positive after themselves asking for random drug testing.

Both have last-minute replacement opponents who they are heavily favoured to beat, with potential big money fights with Mayweather and Alvarez depending on them winning

Both lose in similar ways to their first major loss. Khan on jelly legs after taking a big shot, gets up and bravely attempts to fight back, but gets stopped. Ortiz in a slugfest, and decides not to continue after taking a lot of shots (I'm not going to say he quit after hearing about the seriousness of his injuries)

And now both are being written off and getting a lot of hate. Ortiz has already split with his trainer and i think Khan needs to do the same (he probably is doing behind the scenes). Both need someone who will work on their defensive flaws - they're both very good offensively already, and great athletes. They also need to go easy with random comments that make you go WTF?

Mark my words, BOTH will be back. Not saying they'll ever be elite fighters, but they can be damn good

WAR KHAN! WAR ORTIZ!

Wow, a real non fanboy review of two fighters that didn't involve the words "hype job" "bum" and the likes..fair and honest, without jumping to extreme conclusions. Never thought i'd see the day on boxingscene...

I think im going to......dont look at me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                Great post, very true. Both great athletes that seems to be ignorant about their flaws, but maybe that's why so exciting. I support both in their (another) comebacks.
                Exactly this. When they talk about guys not being on their level or calibre or whatever it annoys the hell out of me

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
                Wow, a real non fanboy review of two fighters that didn't involve the words "hype job" "bum" and the likes..fair and honest, without jumping to extreme conclusions. Never thought i'd see the day on boxingscene...

I think im going to......dont look at me.

Khan has been crucified on here You'd think he chose to get KO'd

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Ortiz has never been knocked the f out like Khan. Ortiz actually has stopped his own self both of his stoppages. Ortiz can only knock himself out
                  last time i checked, regardless of how you feel about the outcome....FMJ knocked Vic out. you can say cheap shot, you can say whatever you want, but Floyd put the kid on his a.s.s and Vic couldnt get up from it. Now, granted he hasnt been put to sleep like Khan, but he has been KTFO

Comment

GREAT POST bro!!!

I wish this post would get sticked to the top of the forum.

If there was more people like yourself on this forum, and just in general when it comes to Boxing fans, Boxing fans would have such a better rep rather than being known as the most fickle fans in Sport.

Both are ONLY 25 YEARS OLD!!

How on earth can any of you fickle ******s right them off.

Both WILL BE BACK.

Absolutely love this post.

Comment

Comparison sounds legit.

Comment

Working...
                      X