Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rare !! - Video of Jack Dempsey & Joe Louis "sparring" on a TV Show (Year 1951)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare !! - Video of Jack Dempsey & Joe Louis "sparring" on a TV Show (Year 1951)

I got rare footage of Joe Louis and Jack Dempsey on the Don McNeill Show in 1951: They answer questions and then they get into a ring and discuss how they would have fought each other, had they fought in the same era:
    (Quality is fair, but it is a great video)

Great find raskat! Cool to see them together.

Comment

Always thought Joe would have killed jack.

Joe was from a time when the science had developed it's fundamentals. As explained in their depiction of the fight, Joe says he'd have stuck to his jab and waited for that right hand, bringing the uppercut every time Jack bobbed.

Jack on the other hand was still in the caveman era of the sport. Select punches weren't used strategically like that. Joe wins just on the better boxing IQ alone at the time.

Comment

OMG! raskat you are a god for this one...BIG thx bro!!

Comment

Awesome vid!

Comment

Jack would destroy him within 6 rounds.

With ease.

Comment

Wow! Great video! Thanks so much for sharing. The sad part about videos like this are that you know probably everyone in it has passed on by now including the little boy at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
                Wow! Great video! Thanks so much for sharing. The sad part about videos like this are that you know probably everyone in it has passed on by now including the little boy at the end.
                ur right about that. I also think about that sometimes. Only when I see a baby in those black and white movies do I think he/she might still be alive

Comment

Originally posted by Baldwin View Post
                  Jack would destroy him within 6 rounds.

With ease.
                  dempsey didnt even fight the best black fighters of his own era, so why u think he could beat one of the best black heavyweights ever? Dempsey's style looks very simple to me, and I dont mean that disrespectful. I just mean that Joe Louis fought in the next era and boxing had changed. Louis would beat him, I have no doubt about that.

Comment

Hi everyone would love to see this video, it doesn't seem to be there anymore!
                    Please PM me if you have it
                    Thanks
                    Dave

Comment

Working...
                    X