No announcement yet.

Morales vs Corrales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
    I have to challenge the idea that Morales isn't vulnerable to Corrales' power.
    Could he stop him? Absolutely. Corrales could stop anyone at 130.

But, I don't see Corrales knocking out Morales in one punch, I just don't see it. He would most probably hurt him, but Morales can take a good shot and remarkably, when he's hurt he is excellent at absorbing shots and avoiding shots.

He could stop him, but I simply don't see it happening personally.

Like I said, I see Morales winning a descision. JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
      Corrales has a punch, but Morales is all but invulnerable to one shot. Past his prime, he not only took Pacquiao's heaviest shots (at super feather, where Pacquiao was a devastating puncher) but welcomed the war and came out on top. You can go ahead and rule out a KO. And Morales is the superior technician...I have to go with Morales by UD after an unforgettable fight.
      After seeing how quickly Corrales decimated the iron-jawed Castillo, its tough to rule out anything.

Comment

I used to think Corrales. Now I think Morales. I wish we could've seen it.
        Last edited by crold1; 04-20-2011, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Wow.....just wow.

This would be an incredible fight. One of the best ever. This would be a fight people would talk about for the next 3000 years haha. I love Chico and think he would put up a fight, knock Morales down and all, but I think Morales was just too good of a fighter to lose here. I think he'd eek out a hard fought decision here because he is a pretty good counter brawler whatever that means hahaha. Whenever you hit him hard he wants to hit you back even harder and he'll find a way to do it.

God damn...just the thought of it just makes me wanna go crazy...

Comment

I really like Morales in this one. Corrales was exciting and courageous, which has probably led to him being somewhat overrated. Morales had the chin and the skill set to hang in with Chico and win a clear decision in a great action fight.

Comment

Morales by close but clear decision. Corrales was bigger, but Morales had better boxing ability and more ring smarts in general.

I see Morales getting staggered a few times, but his excellent jaw, calm under pressure, and heart would help him work his way through those bad moments. In the meantime he can pick his shots, and with his poise in a war he will be able to keep Corrales honest so Corrales cant just start teeing off on him.

I think a key punch for Morales is his very good right hand to the body. If he can land those early, he can starch Corrales and start taking over mid-late. Corrales would do his best damage early.

Comment

I didnt deem this worthy of starting a new thread for so this one will do as its got Corrales in it

I was speaking to an old friend today at the gym who i havent seen in a while and we got talking about when we hit Tszyu vs Hatton, id forgotten but remember it clearly now that he's jogged my memory, Winky Wright, Jeff Lacy, Russell Crowe and Diego Corrales all got in the ring prior to Ricky and Kostya. Crowe got Booed silly purely for being an Aussie on this night lol but Corrales fresh from his Triumphant WAR with JLC got an outstanding ovation, we blew the roof off for him and he was genuinely choked. Corrales Always wanted a Great War, he was more concerend with being in great fights than anything else like titles and the Hall Of Fame. He wanted to be remembered as a Warrior and after that night he will NEVER be forgotten - Classic! But Diego knew the significance of what he'd done after this night if he didnt already know, Thousands of Miles away from home and givin a standing ovation just for being him.....

Comment

Morales knocks him out. Morales would get on the inside with ease where he is much more skilled and take over the fight.

Comment

even with the size disadvantage i think morales has the edge

Comment

With all due respect to Erik, a fighter I dig, I think by the time he hit 130 he no longer was the same guy or with the same kind of power and Chico was just too big and hardhitting for him. It would be a mismatch in terms of power and size. I think Erik would still handle himself well, but he could get stopped. After all, he got stopped by Pac at this weight, twice. If the fight took place in 2004 or early 2005, I could see Morales going the distance. Otherwise he gets pummeled down.

Comment

Working...
                      X