No announcement yet.

Oddsmakers have it 8-1 in favor of Devon Alexander vs Bailey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fix View Post
    Bottom line - Mike Jones beats the crap outta Alexander. Bailey is no chump, those shots against Jones weren't lucky, they were well-timed and precise. He has a very good chance of pulling off the upset.
    He threw them and he has power so call them whatever you want. He will not get that chance against Alexander and he will look like a scrub in the process. Not even because Alexander is good but I know Alexander is going to get off first because he is faster and doesn't load up, plus he will grapple thus defusing Bailey's chance to come back.

Anytime a guy is relying on landing one big shot, that says his chances are not that good~
    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 08-20-2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Bailey is one of the worse champions out there....and thats saying something...

Comment

Bailey sucks man

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
          Bailey sucks man
          that KO of Jones was magnificent

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            He threw them and he has power so call them whatever you want. He will not get that chance against Alexander and he will look like a scrub in the process. Not even because Alexander is good but I know Alexander is going to get off first because he is faster and doesn't load up, plus he will grapple thus defusing Bailey's chance to come back.

Anytime a guy is relying on landing one big shot, that says his chances are not that good~
            Bailey stated in an interview that he's not fighting Alexander the same way he fought Jones because he was being cautious against Jones. Alexander is smaller so Bailey feels he won't need to be so cautious. Personally i think he could lull Alexander into a false sense of security like he did to Jones, and then catch him with something sweet in the championship rounds. If he fights aggressively like he claimed that he will, alexander is quick enough to outbox him for 12 i think. But we'll see, I think Bailey has enough tricks to pull this one off by landing a game-changer

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
              Bailey stated in an interview that he's not fighting Alexander the same way he fought Jones because he was being cautious against Jones. Alexander is smaller so Bailey feels he won't need to be so cautious. Personally i think he could lull Alexander into a false sense of security like he did to Jones, and then catch him with something sweet in the championship rounds. If he fights aggressively like he claimed that he will, alexander is quick enough to outbox him for 12 i think. But we'll see, I think Bailey has enough tricks to pull this one off by landing a game-changer
              Bailey can only fight one way, he is not a guy with options so that is nothing but idle chatter.

Mark my words I told you exactly what will happen I am not repeating myself.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                Bailey can only fight one way, he is not a guy with options so that is nothing but idle chatter.

Mark my words I told you exactly what will happen I am not repeating myself.
                I think you're grossly underestimating Bailey, he's had a regular strength and conditioning coach for the Jones fight (for the first time in his career) and he's amped up at how much better he's able to perform. Bailey is no Maidana, if you're judging Alexander @147 based off the Maidana fight you're going to be sorely disappointed. Maidana was a bum in that fight, he was nowhere near the same fighter he was at 140. You're basing your opinion off an illusion.

Comment

Bailey is not being underestimated... if anything Devon is.

Comment

Bailey IS the worst champ out there, easy work.. and Alexander is a C class fighter

Comment

Whilst he has the potential of putting Devons lights out, I'd say there was more chance he drops Devon maybe heavily and him weathering the storm.
                      He really is a fighter who if you can survive the lightning bolt, you'll live to see another day. He only really has that one shot and won't even step in trying to finish, he'll just do an extra nothing and hope to land it again at some point.

I'll probably put a few quid on the K.O/T.K.O DQ or TD but its unlikely though I do expect Bailey to engage more than usual.

Comment

Working...
                      X