Comments Thread For: Marquez: I Knew Manny Pacquiao Would Be Wide Open

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
    i wouldn't say it was a lucky punch but it's not a planned strategy either

they knew pac would be aggressive but it's not they're gonna execute it within last 10 seconds

JMM got "lucky" with the timing then "execute" a perfect right that ended the bout
    Well I agree with you in some form, bout counter punching is JMM strategy for Pac and the right hand has always been poisonous for Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by denix View Post
      Boxing is alive again. No more waiting for Pac-Mayweather. Bring on Juan-Bradley then a rematch to the winner.

Although Pac is more eager to fight any of the two, Pac should be content to fight Floyd in the meantime and Floyd should have the courage now. The time is NOW! he can say.
      Indeed, I truly want to see JMM and Bradley!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Yeah, a punch that was shown here on video in a sparring session of Marquez in which he was working on that exact move, that also dropped his sparring partner, was 'lucky'. Do you understand that? Marquez was shown dropping his sparring partner with the exact punch, an identical sequence to what happened in the fight, weeks ago. This is what they train for and it's what Marquez had prepared himself to do in that situation.

A punch that was thrown after sliding back to get Pac coming in, then he slipped the right hand shot and threw a punch that is one of his signature shots, a counter right hand, was LUCKY?

Are you guys seriously that ****ed in the head? Does that mean every single landed punch in boxing history is lucky? Is a jab lucky? Any landed punch, jab, hook, body shot, straight right, perfectly timed and executed counter punch after slipping a jab (that was specifically worked on in sparring) is lucky now?

So Pacs KO of Hatton was lucky? All his knockdowns of Marquez were lucky, his KOs of Barrera, Morales and Cotto were all from lucky punches?

Hey guys, I'm going to let you in on a secret. It's very well kept, so no telling after I give it to you ok? In boxing, the fighters train their whole lives for one purpose. Guess what it is? This is the secret. TO LAND PUNCHES YOU ****ING ****S!

Marquez has landed that exact punch on Pac numerous times, but he's never been able to quite time it as well and have Pac coming in thinking he's about to get the KO himself and so be much more open. He had landed nearly the same punch, but only grazed Pac with it, not long before he scored the KO shot.

If you honestly think it was lucky, you've just called every landed punch in boxing history, from the weakest shot to the best KO shot ever, lucky. You.... Morons.....
        well said, except the Moron part

This time, it was just.... PERFECT! ...and that produced the brutal KO!

Comment

Originally posted by bbwoof2000 View Post
          A perfectly timed punch and the fact that Pac was coming in fast when he met it made for a brutal knockout. It's was like 2 trains on the same track coming toward each other and had absolutely nothing to do with JMM being juiced as some posters have declared. I am so glad that JMM finally got retribution. Those HBO announcers who love Pac so dearly are horrified. Take Roy Jones for instance. After JMM knocked Pac down the 1st time He & Lampley was discussing it and Jones said that it won't happen again b/c Pac had adjusted and wouldn't make that same mistake. Yeah, right. Am I the only one who thinks Larry Merchant asks the dumbest, stupidest questions in after fight interviews? Congrats to JMM. I hope he retires. If he does he'll go out on top. He's almost 40 and it's a damn good time to retire. As for Pac, he should also quit after that brutal knockout b/c he'll never be the same fighter he was before. When he failed to stop Bradley that should have sent out red flags. Bradley was suffering from a hurt foot which happened in the early rounds and still mangaged to survive 12 rounds which 2 judges had him winning. If Pac couldn't knockout a man fighting on a bad foot he had lost something. As for the judges in that fight. They saw what they saw.
          ... remembering here the physic class.... the impact velocity is the sum of each object's velocity when both are traveling in opposite directions.

The body of both were coming forward also. Look how close they end up before Pac went down.

This counter-punch will be named now.... The Franken-Punch!

BTW... who is that white hair guy that reacted strange there trying to get Manny and also like arguing or something.... An investor? The God Mafia Father?
          Last edited by Averiguau; 12-09-2012, 02:07 PM.

Comment

of course jmm knew he'd be open. pac has that bad habit of lunging in recklessly

this is why i always felt would beat him handily

Comment

If you don't want to see Marquez/Pacquiao 5 then you have issues!

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
                If you don't want to see Marquez/Pacquiao 5 then you have issues!
                Not even slightly interested in seeing whether Manny can finally get a legit win over Marquez. The boat has sailed on that one.

Marquez decisioned Pac last November, and just KHTFO to end all doubt.

I wanna see Pac/Guerrero, and Bradley/Marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by stretchedout View Post
                  Not even slightly interested in seeing whether Manny can finally get a legit win over Marquez. The boat has sailed on that one.

Marquez decisioned Pac last November, and just KHTFO to end all doubt.

I wanna see Pac/Guerrero, and Bradley/Marquez.
                  This.

Comment

Working...
                  X