No announcement yet.

VADA>USADA Agree or Disagree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
    so how you feel about the report that came out stating mayweather failed 3 drugs test but since it was USADA it didnt have to be reported to the boxing commission only the promotional company.

So if GBP bend over backwards for a non viable investment in Erik Morales imagine what they will do for a viable investment as floyd mayweather.

USADA is a business, you hire them.

source:
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=573602

so my vote is easily vada, they do the same test but wont hide it like usada

USADA has a huge reputation, an international reputation. It is far more likely that VADA will knowingly take a risk of damaging their reputation through corruption, than USADA. USADA also deals with a variety of different sports, unlike VADA. Keep in mind, Lance Armstrong tried and failed to bribe them. And after that didn't work, he then made death threats.

USADA is not a business, but rather a non-profit organization that is affiliated with the US government. VADA is also a non-profit organization. The report about Mayweather failing 3 tests is nothing but pure rumor since USADA has already published the test results for each of his fights since Mosley. And not only did Floyd's tests come back negative, but also his opponents (Mosley, Ortiz, Cotto).

http://www.usada.org/cotto-mayweather

http://www.usada.org/ortiz-mayweather

http://www.usada.org/mayweather-mosley

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
      OoOok......

I have my own thoughts about which one I prefer.... Was wondering NSBs opinion
      directed at ellbosschancho...should've quoted

Comment

Ret the commission do its rob!

Comment

After seeing this Morales thing, I think I disagree:

It seems like neither really has power to do anything except bring the cheaters to light and expose them. It's better than nothing. But seeing USADA willing to impose sanctions on a fighter and actively lobby against their licensing in certain states is pretty substantial. They've already used their weight and results to build cases and bring Grand Juries in other sports.

As far as I know, VADA results haven't led to any suspensions. Berto's case in CA set a precedence which essentially rendered their results useless...the commission basically said as long as you don't test positive for OUR test, then you're OK. Maybe the fight gets canceled, but you won't be suspended. It's better than nothing because at least it brings these things to light. As fans, we couldn't do anything to suspend them but we can decide with our pockets.

I know there are some differences in the protocol themselves, specifically where it came to the the CIR testing...so maybe VADA covers a little more ground? Both tests are probably effective...but only when suspensions occur will there really be a deterrent. Seems like Morales would be the first case if he tried to fight in the States again.

Comment

i prefer VADA. USADA seems like they're more intent on doing this as business venture than protecting their reputation. they caught morales but kept mum about it and let gbp continue with the fight.

they should have put in their agreement with gbp that if somebody gets caught cheating, fight should get automatically cancelled. but USADA didn't care about that. they just conduct the test and get paid that's it. now they want to put a ban on morales...for what? morales is not an amateur fighter, what jurisdiction does USADA have over morales?

also, any drug testing agency who deals directly with a promoter or a fighter is questionable for me.

Comment

Both do the proper CIR testing and the ratio tests.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                After seeing this Morales thing, I think I disagree:

It seems like neither really has power to do anything except bring the cheaters to light and expose them. It's better than nothing. But seeing USADA willing to impose sanctions on a fighter and actively lobby against their licensing in certain states is pretty substantial. They've already used their weight and results to build cases and bring Grand Juries in other sports.

As far as I know, VADA results haven't led to any suspensions. Berto's case in CA set a precedence which essentially rendered their results useless...the commission basically said as long as you don't test positive for OUR test, then you're OK. Maybe the fight gets canceled, but you won't be suspended. It's better than nothing because at least it brings these things to light. As fans, we couldn't do anything to suspend them but we can decide with our pockets.

I know there are some differences in the protocol themselves, specifically where it came to the the CIR testing...so maybe VADA covers a little more ground? Both tests are probably effective...but only when suspensions occur will there really be a deterrent. Seems like Morales would be the first case if he tried to fight in the States again.

The subject of the CIR testing is just nonsense coming from Victor Conte. He assumes what they use for testing and how frequently, and each time USADA comes out on record disproving his statements. Both VADA and USADA use CIR.

When it comes to sanctions, you are right, it is up to the boxing commissions at the end of the day. They don't have to take into consideration the voluntary test results, which is another problem. And with sanctions, VADA cannot and will not try to impose them. Whereas USADA, can and will try to get their sanctions imposed. It won't be so easy for Commissions to just ignore USADA's sanctions because of their reputation and affiliation with the U.S. government.

Comment

What about WADA?

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                    i prefer VADA. USADA seems like they're more intent on doing this as business venture than protecting their reputation. they caught morales but kept mum about it and let gbp continue with the fight.

they should have put in their agreement with gbp that if somebody gets caught cheating, fight should get automatically cancelled. but USADA didn't care about that. they just conduct the test and get paid that's it. now they want to put a ban on morales...for what? morales is not an amateur fighter, what jurisdiction does USADA have over morales?

also, any drug testing agency who deals directly with a promoter or a fighter is questionable for me.
                    So what do you want done?

It is the promoters that pay for the voluntary random drug testing. VADA was getting paid by Golden Boy. USADA was getting paid by Golden Boy. There is nothing that can be done about this type of conflict of interest because the boxing commissions are uninterested in doing their own random drug testing or joining forces with USADA and VADA.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                      What about WADA?
                      They don't do testing.

Comment

Working...
                      X