Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Mayweather-Hatton one of the best promoted/build up/atmosphere for a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Mayweather-Hatton one of the best promoted/build up/atmosphere for a fight?

Everything about this fight was great.

24/7 Mayweather-Hatton was the best of this series. It was vintage floyd, trash talking, giving the finger to fans, and the loveable Hatton giving the trash talk back.

The promotion and anticipation for this fight was unreal.

The weigh - in was action backed. Hatton fans with their chants and everything.

I just watched some youtube videos of the atmosphere for the fight, it looked truly amazing. One of a lifetime. I wish I had went.

Yes but only because of the Brits who made it happen.

Comment

that was all hatton right there, big ups to the british people, lol, the british made this atmosphere and they made this event bigger than it shoulda been, mayweather was a b-side of this great event

Comment

Theres only one Ricky Hatton

A world-class British fighter who has a solid Northern fanbase, you're gonna get the same thing. We need more!!

Comment

Yes, it might have been the best build up. Hatton had a massive working class fanbase (even though he was born middle class) so every plumber, joiner and painter was turning up in Vegas.

Comment

it was 100% because of Hatton's fanbase

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
              Yes, it might have been the best build up. Hatton had a massive working class fanbase (even though he was born middle class) so every plumber, joiner and painter was turning up in Vegas.
              didnt his dad lay carpets? id say thats skilled working class...

Comment

ive been to hundreds of fights i mean all the big ones in the last 5 yrs

and NOTHING compares to a hatton fight im fortunate to have been able to experience somthing tht may not happen ever again
                it was just amazing there really is only one

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  didnt his dad lay carpets? id say thats skilled working class...
                  He was born in a council estate in Manchester. His dad laid carpets. Definitely a working class guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
                    that was all hatton right there, big ups to the british people, lol, the british made this atmosphere and they made this event bigger than it shoulda been, mayweather was a b-side of this great event
                    This . .

Hatton was definitely the A-side. All the celebrities were wanting to meet him and ****. .

That's one of hte onyl fights where I love watching the atmosphere 5-10 minutes before the fight. . All the English fans chanting. .

ALthough it was disrespectful for them to boo our anthem. . . But whatever, made the atmosphere even more tense.

Great event. . . Haven't had one like that since IMO. . .

Comment

Working...
                    X