Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better legacy between Pacquiao and Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
    duran is also the best lightweight of all time

agreed.

duran had a legendary career even before he moved up and started fighting bigger men.
    he's is the GOAT at LW.
    manny cant make a claim to being a top 10 in any weight class

his best work was as a FW, where his physical gifts were most effective
    but he was largely one handed and fought in straight lines and exchanges

manny is a top 20 fighter in my book because of his body of work all over the scales
    his offense, which has been some of the best in the game for a decade now
    his popularity
    and of course his rediculous resume and body of work

duran is in the top 10 and perhaps even the top five

robinson, armstrong, louis, greb, pep.... duran?
    something like that sounds okay

robinson, armstrong, louis, greb, pep.... pacquiao?
    doesnt have the same ring yet

go knock out sergio martinez and then we'll talk
    Last edited by New England; 03-05-2011, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      There are many historians who consider Roberto Duran the best fighter of the 70's. You know, the era Muhammad Ali was in?

Yeah. Slightlyyyyyy better than this era.
      Duran was slightly after Alis era really, but Ali is considered above Duran. Pac is alongside Ali though in many experts and boxing fans opinions.

Originally posted by MCCCXXXIII View Post
      Duran hands down

Best light weight of all time 71-1 record.

Beat a PRIME UNDEFEATED Sugar Ray Leonard at SRL natural weight class (no catch weight needed)

He held world titles at four different weights—lightweight (1972–79), welterweight (1980), junior middleweight (1983–84) and middleweight (1989) again no catch weights needed.

Durán is the only man in boxing history to win fights in 5 separate decades. He registered wins in the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and the 2000s.
      I could list more... but I think I proved my point Durans legacy beats Pacs hands down.
      Duran lost to the laings of this world in his prime. Pac wouldnt lose to guys like Laing now. So if you say how good Duran was in many decades and take into account his subsequent wins after his loss to Laing, you have to take into consideration his losses as well when he wasnt in his prime.

Because most great boxers in their prime, on the surface will have great records. So you cant say Duran won many fights when he was out of his prime, but ignore the fights he lost as well out of his prime!! And there are many.
      Last edited by hugh grant; 03-05-2011, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paclan View Post
        what do you guys think?
        I think you're a ****in idiot for even thinking this.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Duran was slightly after Alis era really, but Ali is considered above Duran. Pac is alongside Ali though in many experts and boxing fans opinions.

Duran lost to the laings of this world in his prime. Pac wouldnt lose to guys like Laing now. So if you say how good Duran was in many decades and take into account his subsequent wins after his loss to Laing, you have to take into consideration his losses as well when he wasnt in his prime.

Because most great boxers in their prime, on the surface will have great records. So you cant say Duran won many fights when he was out of his prime, but ignore the fights he lost as well out of his prime!! And there are many.
          Man thats all I was saying and they skipped right over that. His wins are in bold and his losses dont exist is the logic.

Comment

• We can be relatively certain Duran didn't use PED's throughout his career. We can't say the same for Manny Pacquiao. This in and of itself makes Duran's legacy>than Pacquiao's. Pacquiao needs to clear his name, AND fight somebody of relevance. The Clotteys, Margaritos, and Mosleys of the world just aren't cutting it.

Comment

• Manny Pacquiao's achievements are definitely greater than those of Roberto Duran.

Comment

• duran hands down. his wins are against better opposition and his losses are against better opposition.

Comment

Working...
                X