Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has this "loss" helped Martinez standing in some way?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has this "loss" helped Martinez standing in some way?

Before this much less ppl would have known who Martinez was. The ppl who did know who he was could argue that he was unproven and overhyped somewhat. He just lost a close fight which many including myself think he won be it by a slight margin. So has this loss in an entertaining fight against a credible world class fighter in some way helped Martinez in the sense that he is now more credible as a world class fighter than before and has this fight solidified his #1 or co-#1 with PWill position at 154?

He definitely got more respect after this fight, I'd put him #1 at 154

Comment

he gained respect from me

Comment

Of course it did.

It was a FOTY caliber fight.

He gave who many people consider a top 3 P4P fighter ALL he could handle.

HBO will want him back. No doubt. This loss was a win for Martinez. For Williams too. Paul persevered in a tough fight and showed a lot of heart.

Props to both men.

Comment

That was FOTY better than jmm vs diaz.

Comment

I have to be honest apart from the Cintron fight i have seen little of Martinez, he seems like a total beast but is what 34 now or so? im not sure who there is for him to face at 154 other then Williams really, maybe he can make 147?

Comment

From people who havn't heard of him before or wern't sold on him, for sure. Showed heart, stamina and good overall skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                Before this much less ppl would have known who Martinez was. The ppl who did know who he was could argue that he was unproven and overhyped somewhat. He just lost a close fight which many including myself think he won be it by a slight margin. So has this loss in an entertaining fight against a credible world class fighter in some way helped Martinez in the sense that he is now more credible as a world class fighter than before and has this fight solidified his #1 or co-#1 with PWill position at 154?
                Yes Id say so, especially given the hype surrounding Williams.

Comment

D-ranked boxer, but he looked good on that pwill bout. becuse Pwill is really a pony

Comment

Originally posted by nostrezz View Post
                    D-ranked boxer, but he looked good on that pwill bout. becuse Pwill is really a pony
                    What in the world is with your avatar? ...

Comment

Working...
                    X