Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner still a hypejob?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kid is good, but demarco had some succes in there, and I sure wassent seeing anything close to a young Mayweater or young Roy jones.

He fights kinda like mayweather but he lack the speed and pop in the right hand.

But as have been proven many times before, you never really know have good a fighyter is until he faces someone that can match him.

Froch may look like crap sometimes, but he has proven that against great fighters he shines, will broner also shine or is he the new zab judah or dirrel

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Like every up and coming fighter, we'll find out when he's truley tested.

My worry is, he's been tested by weaker opposition than I'd like.

Everyone hits a stumbling block or two at the start of their career, when they are still learning. Some against lesser fighter than others. Broner has hit those already with Quintero and Ponce DeLeon.

But, it seems like he's improving. I think the Broner in the ring last night is certainly better than the Broner who struggled with Ponce DeLeon.

I see Broner as someone with a whole lot of potential and he's in the shadow of an ATG, whether he likes it or not, the standards are going to be set to the very highest for him.

He's doing almost everything right so far though. I just want see how he deals with a real, top top fighter.

If say, he cleans out 135, which I think is inevitable, then moves up to 140 and dominates Matthysee for example, then I'll know all I need to.
      If he can become the top dog at 140 then he'll have to be considered top 5 p4p. But that's still a long way off.

Comment

People hate fighters that always make it look easy. Borner is the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          If he can become the top dog at 140 then he'll have to be considered top 5 p4p. But that's still a long way off.
          Oh yeah, way off at this point.

Like we said yesterday, I really wish he'd made more noise at 130. Instead of picking up a vacant title and doing nothing with it.

It looks like he's taking his 135 run more seriously so hopefully it's top guy after top guy from now.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

If say, he cleans out 135, which I think is inevitable, then moves up to 140 and dominates Matthysee for example, then I'll know all I need to.
            Quoted for truth. I agree.

I wouldn't put so much emphasis on 135 though, because I really don't see anyone there. Not that Broner is so good he'll clean out 135, I just think 135 is schit right now.

In Broners absense, Rios essentially could've cleaned out 135 and so can DeMarco or Abril when Broner leaves.

The real test is at 140, which Broner can make very easily. There have been guys that have jumped from 135 directly to 147.

But as I was saying, the real tests are at 140. If he beats Mathysse and Bradley then I'll anoint him as the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
              This is boxing not college football and you are aloud to get better. Boxers usually improve the most their first three to four yrs. The PDL fight was what 2 yrs ago. So he had a couple bad outings, are you gonna hold that against him his entire carreer. Dudes 23 with 5 kids who knows what was in his head leading up to the fight.
              Thats fine people just need to stop acting like he's unbeatable he's talented but flawed fighter

Comment

Working...
              X