No announcement yet.

Is Floyd's Speech Going Bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
    Leonard and DLH have to search for words and when they find one, it comes out a little awkward. But Floyd is probably even a little worse and kind of heavy on grammatical errors too. And I say this believing that Floyd is the smartest of the three.
    I'd say they're all pretty smart, but DLH and Leonard were the more natural speakers. Floyd's stuttering and struggling for words does not denote lack of intelligence IMO, so much as lack of general confidence expressing himself or perhaps an overeagerness to express himself that his tongue can't keep up with.

Comment

his speech is fine. floyd always spoke kinda slow and often takes a second to think before he speaks, but when he gets excited he speeds it up which leads to some slight studdering.

punches dont have that affect on ppl anyways. it makes you slur not studder.

Comment

It's really because when it comes to Floyd, he has to watch every word he says. He has to choose his words carefully. Because the media will catch the slightest mistake and blow it all out of proportion. I think that's why Floyd talks a little slow. That interview on NBC sports, you can see some parts where Floyd gets a little excited and hype, but he slows down a little to catch himself.

Comment

It's because Floyd has to force himself not to say something stupid or offensive.

Comment

His speech is not going bad he was just trying to sound smart but it doesn't work well for him. He's a more in your face ignorant speaking person rather then, let's sit down and have a normal conversation type of person. Besides he couldn't get out of Pocket with this reporter.

Floyd face was priceless when he was like, " Carmelo is my boy we both went to Syracuse" He didn't know what to say. All in all he did a decent job.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
              What type of environment does someone that does this come from?

The night before Pacquiao vs Marquez III. Alex told Pacquiao to go to sleep at 10:30. When Alex came to check on Pac at 10:30 Pac was still awake. Alex stressed to Pacquiao that Marquez had already went to sleep at 9:30 and would have been more well rested for the next day. Pacquaio replied that he wanted to stay up for at least 30 more minutes. Alex Ariza replied with "Thats what Mike Tyson said the night before he got knocked out against Buster Douglas". After hearing this statement Pacquiao yelled at Ariza to go " **** himself" and get out of his hotel room. He then threw his phone at the wall, flipped over a table and busted it into pieces and then ran out to the hallway of the Hotel to tell his bodyguards that he would KILL them himself if they let Ariza back in his room.
              Roid Rage? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                Maybe he's just tired. What does everyone else think?
                To have slurring speech from mere tiredness.especially when he knows he needs to make a good impression, as a far more than a G.I. fit guy, he'd have to have been the equivalent of slogging through an impenetrable jungle for, say 4-5 solid days, with absolutely no sleep.

Just my opinion.

Comment

he always sounded very feminine to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                    I truly hope the drug use reports were just a thing of the past and he isnt fighting addiction again for real. I might not like him but I dont wish he has problems with drugs again.
                    I've never seen any reports that Mayweather may have been using drugs, except suggestions that his long absences from the ring are because he takes PEDS and then cycles them out of his system, keeping the long term benefits.

But this is only speculation.

Comment

Working...
                    X