Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report: Vitali will fight one more time before retiring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Vitali still has it in him to beat Haye. I'm not sure that fight goes through and I'm not entirely sure Vitali will only fight once more.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      A fight with Tyson Fury might bring as much interest. Haye already had his shot at a Klitschko, and fought passively for 11 2/3 rounds. Fury will go on to a very good career while Haye will retire, so in the long run Fury a better fight for Vitali's resume.

Povetkin-Vitali would be a HUGE event in Eastern Europe, although not in the UK or the US.

The opponent who would garner the most interest is his brother Wladimir, but that fight will never happen.
      LOL just noooo.

Comment

Great Fight with Haye, garner interest into the Heavyweights again. I think Haye will win via TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by flat1985 View Post
          LOL just noooo.
          He makes a good point. What has Haye achieved at heavyweight? He won a belt, defended it against John Ruiz and Audley Harrison, and then lost it. That is by no means a great heavyweight legacy. Fury is 24. He could be fighting in the division for another 15 years. There is every chance Fury could win all 4 belts at 1 time or another. It would be shocking if Fury didn't end up with a better heavyweight legacy than Haye.

Comment

Haye's resume at heavy is garbage vitali should just train like hell for one last fight and shut him up for good

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              However, it will likely not be with David Haye, who despite not having a title is demanding 50% of the revenue.

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/novosti/...z-vyjti-v-ring
              Nowhere in that article does it say that Haye is demanding 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                He makes a good point. What has Haye achieved at heavyweight? He won a belt, defended it against John Ruiz and Audley Harrison, and then lost it. That is by no means a great heavyweight legacy. Fury is 24. He could be fighting in the division for another 15 years. There is every chance Fury could win all 4 belts at 1 time or another. It would be shocking if Fury didn't end up with a better heavyweight legacy than Haye.
                Fury will only get near a belt when the Klitschko's are gone and the division is entirely useless. Imagine the current HW scene without the Klitschko's and Haye....having a belt in that division is irrelevant.

Comment

Hopefully, he won't fight Javier Monchello, some unknown Italian with a padded record who's never left his adopted country, Sweden.

Comment

this fight will attract some buzz, but it will not generate near as much widespread interest in the build-up as did Haye's first altercation with a Klitschko (although it may turn out to be more of an entertainment spectacle). i don't know if he's requested it, but Haye does not deserve parity. anywhere between 30-40% is fair.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      Fury will only get near a belt when the Klitschko's are gone and the division is entirely useless. Imagine the current HW scene without the Klitschko's and Haye....having a belt in that division is irrelevant.
                      People probably thought similar things when the Foreman-Ali-Frazier period came to an end, but things go on. Furthermore, the division in full of up-and-comers. Price is a very good fighter. I think Deontay Wilder will prove to be very good too. I haven't seen much of Richard Towers but I've heard positive things about him. I have only seen Glazkov and Malik fight 1 time each, but they both looked impressive. Perez, Boytsov, Jennings, abdusalamov, and Joe Hanks are all youngish and undefeated; Perez especially looks impressive. Chisora, Arreola, Pulev and Povetkin have at least half a decade left each. Mitchell and Banks, who are fight soon, will be around for a while.There's more depth there then you may think.

Comment

Working...
                      X