Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The story behind this picture.

Does anybody know it?

I do.

I didn't previously but with a little google similar image search, and a few google german translations I found it, and a video.

Comment

Is that the referee? Was he accidently ko'd?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        I didn't previously but with a little google similar image search, and a few google german translations I found it, and a video.

Did they somehow miss the actual knockdown of the ref with all those stupid reaction shots?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          Did they somehow miss the actual knockdown of the ref with all those stupid reaction shots?
          I honestly have no idea why they did that.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post

CHEATER!!

Good find.

Originally posted by jackson8 View Post
            Is that the referee? Was he accidently ko'd?
            Not by accident. It was blatant.

This was the fourth fight between Müller and Stretz. The third fight ended with a DQ win for Stretz as Müller punched him while he was down. The referee for that fight was Pippow and he was also the referee for this bout that took place 6 weeks later.

Müller was a notorious hothead and maybe even mentally ill possibly due to blows to the head. He had around 150 fights I think.

In this fight Müller wanted the KO bad. He was a short guy and he did his best work on the inside. Müller felt the referee treated him unfairly by constantly breaking them up and preventing infighting. He vocally complained to the referee who told him to STFU and fight.

Müller then KO'ed the ref with a right and a left.

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            The footage there looks to be from Jim Jacobs and Bill Cayton's archive wellknown for the in-edited thuds from blows landing. My guess is that they edited out the actual KO-punches in some kind of political correctness attitude.

Comment

Since we are lacking the footage of the coup de grace:

Peter Müller was nicknamed 'The Ape' (de Aap). He didn't mind.

After his fighting days was over, Müller recorded several records. One in particular became famous and was used frequently during the Clologne carnival.

Comment

Some info on Müller below in a horrible google translation:

http://translate.google.com/translat...0.html&act=url

Comment

Working...
                X