Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal Favorites That Might Not Be All-Time Greats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simon Brown- The prototypical television fighter. Fought frequently on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, and his style was all about skillfully demolishing what was in fron of him.

Jose Luis Ramirez

Kennedy McKinney

Marvin Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Rossman View Post
      Alexis Arguello, class act!
      Do you think Arguello's greatness is questionable?

Comment

I liked Simon Brown. I still remember his 10th round TKO of Maurice Blocker on the undercard of Tyson/Ruddock 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          I liked Simon Brown. I still remember his 10th round TKO of Maurice Blocker on the undercard of Tyson/Ruddock 2.
          An odd scene....as Brown had to be restrained from hitting Blocker while he was down. He and Blocker were very good friends who came up through the pros together. Made me believe being behind on points to his buddy brought out a whole other competitive animal in Simon....

Comment

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
            An odd scene....as Brown had to be restrained from hitting Blocker while he was down. He and Blocker were very good friends who came up through the pros together. Made me believe being behind on points to his buddy brought out a whole other competitive animal in Simon....
            Whenever our domestic fighters are friends scheduled to fight i get pumped as they are nearly always fiercely fought scraps!

Shea Neary, Bert Cooper and Bobby Vanie are a few more favs

Comment

BTW Brits, no love for Jamie Moore???

LOVE that man!

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                BTW Brits, no love for Jamie Moore???

LOVE that man!
                I like him.

I think he's a good addition to the Sky team when they have him on there aswell.

Comment

I liked Ike Quartey. That guy couldn't catch a break.

Naseem Hamed (Seriously)

Edison Miranda.

These are all relatively recent and there's more, but I just remember really pulling for these guys. Hamed was different..didn't always pull for him, but you're kidding if you thought I was going to miss a fight of his!

Also, Pac, Martinez, Floyd, and Ward have a chance to become all time greats. Not sure about Cotto... Martinez is a few good wins away from making a case, Floyd is a Martinez or Pac win away from basically being a guarantee...Pac is a Floyd win away, Ward has options and is very young, he'll be fine, depending on how well the rest of the division/s he fights in develop.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I like him.

I think he's a good addition to the Sky team when they have him on there aswell.
                    GOOD!

Yeah he is a great addition, always talks sense

Comment

I was reminded of Ron Lyle back in the other thread.
                      I quite like Antuofermo as well I used to blame him for the ruckus in the second Hagler fight but it was completely Freddie Brown's fault.

Oh, and as for anyone who says "Freddie Brown said Hagler was crap." Watch Hagler vs Antuofermo II and you'll have your reason as to why he may be a tad biased against the Marvelous one. Brown acted appallingly that night.

Comment

Working...
                      X