Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes you want to box? Passion, Money, Fun??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No drama. I was actually pretty good basketball player =) ....among friends and in a club.. nothing serious...

I had sparing but never a match.

I just think it's different when you see other people as bonus and not as part of you....you feel stronger this way.

Comment

Love for the sport, and a hatred of MMA :P

Comment

Good responses

I just want to give everyone kudos for their good responses to this thread, so many people out there dis the sport and they really have no clue. Boxing is something that takes a true champ and a big heart! Win or Lose you get in the ring you are a champ!

Comment

extremely passionate about boxing.
          I was casually hitting the bag one day years ago and a guy walked up to me and corrected my form. My life has never been the same.
          He took me under his wing and trained me up for a while.
          By far the best workout to stay in shape, the competitive nature, the drive, and I fit in to sports and working out as is so the sweat and pain is part of the joy for me.
          Nothing beats a good sweat in the gym, nothing like the sound of slapping combinations to the pads, It really is just something else to be experienced for those who dare not venture into the deep world of boxing, hand in hand with another passion of mine, chess!

Comment

passion

passion and fun are the best motivators and health is the best ally! your health will improve and your body and your mind will get better ,sharper!

Comment

Originally posted by andrefabre View Post
              passion and fun are the best motivators and health is the best ally! your health will improve and your body and your mind will get better ,sharper!
              passion and fun are the best motivators and health is the best ally! your health will improve and your body and your mind will get better,sharper !

Comment

Passion and money. but not a bad kinda money. I grew up very poor and boxing was a way for me to get off the streets of where i lived and do something. I met good people and my family moved to Philadelphia of all places. The gyms there were the best i have seen. Before it closed down i was at Joe Fraziers Gym for while. I do boxing now to support myself. I also do it because its the one thing i know the best (really the only thing i know how to do haha) and because i can never get enough.

Every time i perform in that ring i feel like i have grown and matured as an individual. It also helps me take care of my body, especially because my family suffers from awfully poor metabolisms.

Comment

I used to be fat and boxing honestly saved my life. I lost weight, look great and feel better than ever. Now I'm competing and challenging myself with new goals to accomplish. Winning is the greatest feeling in the world!

Comment

at first.. 2 be able to stand up for myself, and to make me dad proud..

ive done them now..

so now to win titles and hopefully earn money when im older..

Comment

I really enjoy this sport in and out. I learn something new about boxing everyday that surprises, impresses and amazes me. I enjoy training and knowing I can become better by fine tuning and smoothing edges. I love watching fights. I enjoy the workouts because it feels good to know that its towards a goal thatll give me an astounding result. Healthy body, valuble knowledge and supreme confidence. I picked this up because I felt like I've never took charge of anything I've attempted. If I was never good at it, then oh well; But boxing isn't like that for me, I feel like I'm in control of where I go. From that I wanted to be superb at boxing. Someone who is untouchable and feared.
                      Last edited by RightStraight; 12-02-2010, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X