Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who will the UK support if khan and mayweather fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky... View Post
    Mayweather has alot of fans in the uk, since when

Anytime im on other forums like football forums the casual fans are always talking about how much a **** he is, anybody i ever meet whos a boxing fan is always saying how they cant wait till manny fights him and beats him.

If khan fought mayweather i would be cheering on khan a 100 percent.
    I just remembered who the Main Population in UK is, I was thinking it was UK 40 years ago, I forgot how it is now.

My bad, judging by demographics I would say that 70% Support Khan and 28% will support Floyd and the 2% will support the "british" guy.

Comment

" Stupid thread."

yet you took the time to reply. you'll need to go and redo your nail varnish now.

"Floyd isn't a Pacquiao, he isn't a global icon"

course he's not.

we'll see. i'll happily place bets that if they fight in the UK, 50%+ will be there to see floyd.

Comment

Floyd's comment at the presser that he's better known then khan in the UK is pretty ridiculous. Khan is a household name it's not just casual fans who know him people who have never watched boxing in their life know who he is. Floyd on the other hand is only known by hardcore fans or people who watched hatton v mayweather. Floyd has a lot of fans in the uk but more then khan, I don't think so.

Comment

I think Mayweather will have at least equal if not more support than Khan. Khan isn't exactly a Hatton where he has a massive backing. Khan going to America as quickly as he did has had an impact on his fan base over here & he has made a few derogatory comments about the UK boxing fans.

Floyd gained a lot more respect/fans after his fight with Hatton (me included).

The casual fans might not like Floyd but the actual boxing fans respect Floyds fight game & would probably choose him over Khan. I know I will be if this fight ever gets made.

Comment

Mayweather seems to have alot of fans here but the UK general public would definitely be supporting Amir Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
              Floyd's comment at the presser that he's better known then khan in the UK is pretty ridiculous. Khan is a household name it's not just casual fans who know him people who have never watched boxing in their life know who he is. Floyd on the other hand is only known by hardcore fans or people who watched hatton v mayweather. Floyd has a lot of fans in the uk but more then khan, I don't think so.
              It's funny you should should say that because Floyd's pay per views in the UK the other night did better than Khan's ever done. FACT.
              Last edited by Mayweatherfan11; 09-20-2011, 04:57 PM.

Comment

See the MAB fight.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                  I think Mayweather will have at least equal if not more support than Khan. Khan isn't exactly a Hatton where he has a massive backing. Khan going to America as quickly as he did has had an impact on his fan base over here & he has made a few derogatory comments about the UK boxing fans.

Floyd gained a lot more respect/fans after his fight with Hatton (me included).

The casual fans might not like Floyd but the actual boxing fans respect Floyds fight game & would probably choose him over Khan. I know I will be if this fight ever gets made.
                  props. one one the most sensible posts i've read.

Comment

They'd support Khan.

But they'd watch because of Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by dumber79 View Post
                      floyd made a lot of fans after the hatton fight. me included.

Same here. As a fan of boxing I have to say I am in awe of the man's skill.

I find Khan irritating for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X