Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had the best right hand at heavy weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali........

Comment

Hard to gauge really, they come in differing levels of power, angle, placement and timing.....

All i know is id want to have Joe Louis' Right hand more than any other

Comment

Joe Louis.

Comment

Hmm.. Theres been quite a few great right hands in the heavyweight division. The ones that really come to mind is Lewis' lethal rights that were so devastating against Ruddock, Tyson, Grant, and Rahman. Also, Marciano's Suzy Q that knocked Louis through the ropes and Walcott nearly deformed. And last but certainly not least, the awesome classic Tyson right to the body followed by the right uppercut. Ask Ferguson and Bruno about that one. But, I'm not sure if theres a name for it, though.

Comment

I know that it isn't popular to mention him, but Wladimir Klitschko's right cross would be a serious danger to anyone in the ring with him. He throws it with both power and accuracy.

Comment

In order of memory...
              • Lewis
              • Holmes
              • Ali
              • Louis
              • Tyson
              • Foreman
              • Liston

Comment

Joe Louis had all the right hand punches down very well. Marciano's right cross was devasting and he is one of the last fighters to actual throw a cross shot! Not a punch you see fighters work to get in position to throw or take advantage of their opponents when they move their heads into that lane. Big George had the heaviest right hand to me, his arm and shoulder alone was enough to put a man out!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                  No shout for Max Baer, who may have had the second hardest right hand after Shavers?
                  Neither Shavers nor Baer had anything approaching the hardest right hand.

Comment

P4P Marciano and Tyson had two of the most powerful overhand rights of any heavyweight. They put everything in it, and with Tyson it was coupled to blinding speed and explosiveness. Louis had an extremely crisp overhand right and an equally crisp right hook.

Of the taller fighters Lennox, Foreman, and Wlad for sheer power, Ali for snap and versatility. Shout out to Holmes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      I know that it isn't popular to mention him, but Wladimir Klitschko's right cross would be a serious danger to anyone in the ring with him. He throws it with both power and accuracy.

huge punch

Comment

Working...
                      X