Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filipino Arts of Suntukan, Kali, Arnis and Eskrima....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ayos to hahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by fabie View Post
      Mga Kabayan, recently merong thread sa main forum about Taekwondo vs Karate vs Boxing...but no one talked about Filipino Boxing. No I'm not talking about the Pacquiao and all...hehehe but our ancient art of Suntukan, Sikaran, Arnis, Eskrima and Kali whom I was very fortunate enough to have trained here in the States via Guro Dan Inosanto...

Here's what I posted: in the main forum:

Try Filipino Martial Arts of Kali, Escrima and Arnis....what we know as Western Boxing was really influenced by Filipino Boxing in the early 1900s. The pre-1900s boxing was like those old British Boxing type.

Please see Dan Inosanto, the legendary teacher and practitioner of Jeet Kune Do (Bruce Lee's only student who was certified in his Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do, The Tao of Jeet Kune Do and then some).

He is also a "learned" martial artist to have have trained with at least 30 Filipino's Bladed arts, boxing, wrestling....and with Muay Thai (under Master Chai Sirusite), have his own MaPhilIndo Silat (revival of the Majapahit Empire arts of Malaysian, FIlipino and Indonesian indigenious arts)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Lo-0RTe2zvw

Notice the fluidity of the Filipino Boxing Arts that influenced the Western Boxing....

As you guys know the movie Blade, Bourne Identity...etc...etc...etc. was choreographed by Jeff Imada (author of the Balisong Manual and a student of Guro Dan Inosanto)
      bump!

Comment

RIP Master Antonio Diego - Top student and heir to Antonio Ilustrisimo, the most feared and respected Eskrimador of the golden era

Comment

Originally posted by ChequeHook View Post
          RIP Master Antonio Diego - Top student and heir to Antonio Ilustrisimo, the most feared and respected Eskrimador of the golden era
          OMG, he passed on?! R.I.P. to another warrior!

prayers!!!

Comment

although this did not originate in pinas..we seem to have some success with Wushu in international competitions, im starting to like the Sanda discipline of Wushu, although i cant seem to see whats unique with this one, if anyone can enlighten me i would be really greatful, me and google isnt really getting along very well.

hey tua, you chinaman right? got info?

Comment

Originally posted by baCCaT View Post
              although this did not originate in pinas..we seem to have some success with Wushu in international competitions, im starting to like the Sanda discipline of Wushu, although i cant seem to see whats unique with this one, if anyone can enlighten me i would be really greatful, me and google isnt really getting along very well.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to baCCaT again.

Comment

Originally posted by baCCaT View Post

no idea what wushu sanda is.

there's only so many ways a leg can kick or arm can move.

all striking arts are similar just as long as you practice one with full contact,power sparring.

i like muay thai the best. simple and all about power.

but don't really care about kicking. not my style.

short n fat. LOL

i'm built for wrassling.

Comment

nice

Comment

Working...
                  X