No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: John Simpson Had To Dig Deep To Defeat Choi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: John Simpson Had To Dig Deep To Defeat Choi

John Simpson beat Choi Tseveenpurev for the vacant WBC international super-featherweight title at the Emirates Arena in Glasgow.

After 12 tough rounds the judges awarded it 116-112, 117-112, 116-113 to the Scot with his opponent racing from the ring in disgust after the announcement, before returning to take a bow.

It was not the most entertaining of fights.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"Was not the most entertaining fight"!?

Outstanding fight!

Choi is a little hardnut, 41 years old man - warrior

Comment

Dig deep in your pockets to pay out the judges?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        Dig deep in your pockets to pay out the judges?
        Even Eddie commented on those scores!

Simpson is a real fighter though and a hardman. He's been on the wrong end of more than a couple of crappy decisions himself

Comment

Reading this article gives me the impression choi got robbed in glasgow against the scottsman, but didnt see it so i dont know if thats the case. Wanted to watch it but

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiaotard86 View Post
            Reading this article gives me the impression choi got robbed in glasgow against the scottsman, but didnt see it so i dont know if thats the case. Wanted to watch it but
            I was drunk but felt Simpson defo took it but it was far closer than those scores, Choi had him in a bit of trouble early

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              I was drunk but felt Simpson defo took it but it was far closer than those scores, Choi had him in a bit of trouble early
              Really?
              Choi pretty much swept the first 6 rounds and after that the rounds were as close as they were going to be

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                Really?
                Choi pretty much swept the first 6 rounds and after that the rounds were as close as they were going to be
                Ill take another watch, like i said i was drunk...

Comment

I had it a draw. The score cards were ludicrous.

Comment

Simpson won it for me 115 - 113, yes Choi was very aggressive in certain rounds, but in other rounds he did nothing whatsoever and looked 41 years old at times.

Comment

Working...
                    X