Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To everyone who hyped up Mike Jones: Where are you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
    He fought like an idiot and punched himself out. That's a lack of discipline, not skill.

He literally had to take like 3-4 rounds off with a guy that wouldn't get off of him. Then he swept the last three rounds and got away with a tight decision.

It's a learning experience, he'll be fine.
    Im with u, it was actually the first time ive seen him fight and i could see why he was getting some hype, him vs Berto is a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
      jones got tooken to school.brook is overrated himself.Saul alvarez is the
      upcoming dawg at ww.Canelo destroys jones brook,dont know about berto.
      cmon now, seriously? I think Canelo is good but to deal with Jones's power and speed I dont think he can. Jones even after punching himself out poses waaaay more of a threat than an undertrained old and tired Baldomir

Comment

his footwork is horrible

this is the first time ive noticed how bad it is. he fought a very stupid fight this saturday and would get schooled by berto even though i dont particularly care for berto either

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          i think many people overreact when a guy has a bad showing.
          I think people havent watched the Bruselles fight. The Mike Jones hype was crazy.

Hes good but I seen posters saying he would take out Berto in less than 3. Nuts.

Comment

I'll admit I was realy excited for the kid. I was dissapointed after his performance saturday. I just thought he could be something to bring excitement back to philly boxing. But he isn't done he has definite skills. But he has to learn to discipline. I was like what the **** is he doing when he unloaded on Karass. He was just trying to impress and came up short and lucky he escaped with the win.
            But he still has potential. Definitely not enough skill to beat Floyd, but with work he can get to Berto status. I don't think Berto is that special either. Atleast he hasn't proven it yet with his competition and inactivity.

Comment

Originally posted by fightingfigs View Post
              cmon now, seriously? I think Canelo is good but to deal with Jones's power and speed I dont think he can. Jones even after punching himself out poses waaaay more of a threat than an undertrained old and tired Baldomir
              What Alvarez wouldve did to Soto wouldve been illegal in every state. I think Saul is better on every level.

Especially upstairs. That kid has the poise of veteran fighters.

Comment

I don't know if I'm alone....but that was probably the most insane succession of power punches I've ever seen.

He literally must have thrown 40 power punches....with steam on them, in about 30 seconds. No wonder he was gassed.

You can bet your ass he won't make that mistake again.

And when you're gassed like Jones was, EVERYTHING takes a hit, including your footwork. I thought he showed good survival skills.

Comment

Jones power is overrated.He hasint knocked out noone.His defence is
                  pretty bad also.Karass is slow and punches like a girl.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                    What Alvarez wouldve did to Soto wouldve been illegal in every state. I think Saul is better on every level.

Especially upstairs. That kid has the poise of veteran fighters.
                    If Jones fights anyone next I hope its another contender, someone like Saul Alvarez. I think thatd be one bad ass match up.

Comment

didnt see any power.

Comment

Working...
                      X