No announcement yet.

New boxer looking for help...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New boxer looking for help...

Hey guys, I just started boxing. I've had a little experience with fighting, just not boxing (I always get in street fights, etc). I'm brand new to the sport, and after finding a gym I hope to start competing. I need some endurance excersizes. My lungs seems to get smaller on long distance runs, but enough of that.
    Here are my stats

Weight: 155
    Height: 6'1
    Bench: Roughly 130
    Squat: Roughly 220
    Ive got a wide shoulder set, if that means anything.

I don't really know what other stats are needed. If anyone could help me with a workout schedule or any excersizes to help me gain some endurance, I'd greatly appreciate it.

wow.. youre pretty big for a 14 year old. Well, u want to increase your stamina right? You can do this exercise if u want. Do this: Sprint for 3 minutes then take a break about 1 minute.. keep doing that like 12 times so u can go 12 rounder.

Comment

well, panic almost has it. start to jog 3 miles a day, EVERY DAY. then, once you get your rythm down....sprint for about 10-30 seconds, then back down to the jog. after a little bit, sprint, then back to the jog. do the whole 3 miles like that.

but before you do that, get a good trainer.

Comment

BURPEE INTERVALS!!! Those are quite an asskicker.

30sec burpees
        30 sec shadow boxing (focus on fast hard punches)
        -repeat 2-3 times no rest in between

rest one minute or less as condition improves

repeat 4-8 times or whatever you want

and the running stuff described before is also very good, keep varying everything so you don't adapt to one thing or another.

Comment

in the army, they have a drill called 30:60...sprint for thirty seconds, rest for 60, and increase the sprint time once it gets too easy.

Comment

Just like what most of them ^ said. Sprinting is a decent workout. I have a program i wrote in my article. Just click on the link on my sig. I don't wanna mulitple advertise the site here. I might get banned.

Comment

Haha, thanks guys. I might switch to cross country (as opposed to hitting the weights at P.E.) since one sport/physical activity is required daily at my school, and a lot of my friends are in cross country, when barely anyone is in P.E... thanks a ton everyone.
              And for my size, its wierd, I don't want to sound boastful, but ive always had much bigger arms/legs then everyone in my grade, but I only started working out about 4 months ago.

Comment

Working...
              X