No announcement yet.

Bradley vs. Holt - The Pre Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley vs. Holt - The Pre Fight Report Card

By Cliff Rold - There is no need to remind fight fans, but with seventeen weight classes full of pros, a lot can change in a year. In April 2008, Jr. Welterweight looked like a two horse race between World Champion and fellow U.K. titlist Junior Witter. Unfortunately, it looked like a race never to be run for business and political reasons. With the best fight available not being made, and a host of lost stars like Kostya Tszyu, Floyd Mayweather, and Arturo Gatti in the division’s rearview mirror, 140 lbs. was looking stagnant. [details]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    By Cliff Rold - The chance, however still obscure, of fighting whoever rests atop the division after Hatton’s defense against Pacquiao in May makes the risk worthwhile. [details]
    The winner is unlikely to get a fight for the lineal title for a while, but could fight Campbell - that would be an intriguing fight.

Also, Witter's father died the day he fought Bradley, and as a result he wasn't focussed for that fight. He deserves a shot at the Bradley-Holt winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
      The winner is unlikely to get a fight for the lineal title for a while, but could fight Campbell - that would be an intriguing fight.

Also, Witter's father died the day he fought Bradley, and as a result he wasn't focussed for that fight. He deserves a shot at the Bradley-Holt winner.
      Really?! I'm a Witter fan but I had no idea that happened. Explains why, understandably, he was flat on the night, as I'm convinced he's the top, if not one of the top 3 light-welterweights in the world. He should never have fought, forget about letting fans down or whatever. He definitely should be given a chance at the winner. I think it depends on which Holt turns up, I like Holt to win a decision though.

Comment

Why did witter fight on the same day his dad died? That is not a smart move at all. Witter is a good fighter, but something did seem to be bothering him. I know that might sound biased, and kind of hurts the win Bradley has over Witter. But that is indeed quite sad.

Sometimes its motivation for some, and sometimes its painful for others. It would be too painful for me personally, I'm an emotional type of person though

Comment

the winner will be wbc/wbo with ibf either vacant or held by urango and wba kotelnik fighting victor ortiz..if ortiz wins,would like to see the winner between holt/bradley face him...going for holt in this one..

Comment

i think bradly has the intangibles in this one... he seems more intelligent than holt and bradley studies his opponents.

although bradley throw the straight right on a more consistent basis, bradley knew that he'd catch witter pulling back w/ the overhand right.

I like bradley's fundamentals over holt's athleticism

Comment

Timothy Bradley will KO Kendall Holt in Rd 9.

Comment

When will this card start?

Comment

I got Bradley by UD12, in a potentially boring, plodding fight. He may not be much of a trash talker, but the man CAN fight. He's got a much better chin, and Holt shouldn't be able to hurt him.

Comment

Working...
                  X