Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Martinez moving back down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fans, we have to remember this is prize fighting...when you're 37 years old, started boxing late, on the wind down of your career...you're not looking to take the 50,000 paydays vs undefeated records no one has heard of... you want the 1mil to 10mil paydays vs the big names...

no one will remember Martinez for Golovkin, Sturm, Geale or Pirog (who hasn't done anything since that knockout of a prospect and suspect Jacobs)

people will remember him for the Chavez Jrs, Mayweather's, Pacquiao's, Cotto's and Canelo's..

Comment

hes scared of ward and lookin for the money route , this full blown middleweight wants to pick on welterweights lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
        I mean the middle weight is just getting hot. All these champs are finally fighting each other. It seems pretty soon we will get clarity of who is the best middle weight is.(martinez already is but there are many fighters who beg to differ) best of all all these guys has stated they want to fight each other. Why would martinez move down where i bet no one will want to fight him.
        I agree. If he moves down it would be to try to get fights with the three biggest moneymakers, Mayweather, Cotto and Canelo. I doubt he gets any of these fights. The big three cash cows at 154 will probably fight each other before they will fight Martinez. Pirog, Golovkin and Geale all want to fight him.

Comment

monay monay monay monay

moooonay

Comment

Money, freaking duh. I bet he'll target ginger too

Comment

There aren't many multi million dollar fights out there for him

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                Money, freaking duh. I bet he'll target ginger too
                And he will never get ginger or cotto or mayweather. He wont get any notable fight. He should fight ggg or pirog or geele all champs who want to fight him yet he seems reluctant

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
                  I mean the middle weight is just getting hot. All these champs are finally fighting each other. It seems pretty soon we will get clarity of who is the best middle weight is.(martinez already is but there are many fighters who beg to differ) best of all all these guys has stated they want to fight each other. Why would martinez move down where i bet no one will want to fight him.
                  Martinez is chasing the money at 154...

Comment

in order to expose the fraud who calls himself floyd mayweather jr.

Comment

The money will be as good and he's "safer" there!! At 154 he still the bigger man and feels he carrys his power with him. His power as a middleweight is average at best! His chin at middleweight is also average at best!! Fighting the little guys is a safer endeavor with a little less risk!! As you all saw he couldn't run the entire 12 and got caught by a green kid, and was hurt! Ray

Comment

Working...
                      X