• Show
Clear All

• Pipeno Cuevas vs Aaron Pryor

@ 147lb at there best who wins?

Originally posted by Old Mongoose View Post
    @ 147lb at there best who wins?
    I'll take Cuevas by TKO.

Comment

Pryor proved nothing at 147. Cuevas proved that he could hurt some pretty good welterweights. I'd take (a pre Hearns) Cuevas in later round stoppage.

Comment

If you have leaky defense, Cuevas is knocking you out.

only chance is Pryor blitzing Cuevas out early. unlikely, since Cuevas was a pretty tough bastard, and usually could stop opponents in their tracks with his power.

Comment

I would go with Cuevas too. Pryor's trial at welterweight did not go well even though the coke habit had ruined him by that point. Pryor would have the speed against Cuevas's power and size. But I do think Cuevas would land.
          Last edited by TBear; 06-15-2013, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Pryor would land 10 shots to the mesicans 3. Aaron Pryor by 3rd round easy KTFO KO. Much like SSM against margarito!!

Comment

Cuevas easy!

Cuevas would KO pryor, it could end very early, as quickly as he could hit him, Pryor goes down & out, unless Panama Lewis is in his corner to give him the mysterious elixir that helped him cheat Alexis Arguello out of another Title, at 147 Pryor loses some power & slows a little, & loses to Cuevas, Pryor was a bit overrated, not a lot.

Comment

I heard that was a dissolved asthma tablet, which improved lung capacity, according to Luis Resto on HBO.

Comment

Pryor take Cuevas best and then breaks Cuevas down

Comment

I was able to see all but 1 Pryor Pro fight in person & dozens of his Amateur fights, I live in Cincinnati & loved boxing & Pryor was our big guy here, I believe along with many others, than he had to be on more than that in that fight, I don't know how things could have helped him, but some people function better at what they do best, when they are on the stuff they love to take, I knew a guy here that fought in every toughman contest he could find & he was very good, but he wouldnt & couldnt do without being on something & nearly high, & he actually fought better, maybe Pryor was one of those people, but after the fight, the way his speech was slurred & how he acted, he reminded me of drunk or high person, I've seen tons of tired, give out fighters after a bout, it was definitely not that, he was on something, it not only helped him, it made him high also, he could not stand, he could not talk straight, he staggered out of the ring as his people grabbed him & whisked him away quickly.

Comment

Working...
                    X