Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think PRIDE Brings out ignorants, some guys have this "I want my race to dominate boxing" and to justify it they attack just about every other race and try to water down what they are doing so their own can catch up...that is PATHETIC, about a year ago it was Bob Arum talking about how UFC fans are "RACIST" blah blah blah but Boxing might actually be WORSE when it comes to racism, how can you truly love and respect a sport when the only think you go by is Race, so you refuse to watch certain fighters simply because of their Race

one contradiction that I find funny is how people love Martinez all of a sudden who uses a slick style and uses a lot of movements, lets be honest if Martinez is a Black Fighter people would be crying about how he runs and calling him boring or how about Ricky Hatton when he used dirty tactics and CLINCHED and use to destroy people inside he was PRAISED and called RUGGED and TOUGH...when Andre Ward do it..."HE IS BORING" "HE IS DIRTY" "HE HOLDS" lol

so yes Race players a major fact not necessarily when it comes to skills in the ring but more so I think it players a BIGGER ROLE is to who becomes a STAR and a DRAW, put use "STYLE" as an excuse which is COMPLETELY BS, how is one style boring with another Race do it but not so boring when someone else does it

Comment

lol Of course there are physical and behavioural differences between different Ethnic groups and Races.

That doesn't mean that an Asian fighter can't be stronger than a White fighter or a White fighter can't be faster than a Black fighter but of course your heredity along with Ethnicity and Race plays a role in your abilities. TS is actually crying because differences exist. How did some Americans get to become such crybabies and *******?

Comment

Originally posted by clmags12 View Post
        This statement reminds me of a lecture during American History class, about the natural physical gifts of todays African-Americans who are descended from early Americas slaves. Slave owners were breeding the biggest, strongest slaves to make a breed of stronger, faster and harder working children which meant more profit for them. And we are still seeing some those effects today with above normal physical attributes in AAs. Its in the genes.

I am Black American, I 100% have always believed the statement above to be true. As cruel as it sounds, as it is not political correct to even say in public, but many people think it and deep down know it to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by clmags12 View Post
          This statement reminds me of a lecture during American History class, about the natural physical gifts of todays African-Americans who are descended from early Americas slaves. Slave owners were breeding the biggest, strongest slaves to make a breed of stronger, faster and harder working children which meant more profit for them. And we are still seeing some those effects today with above normal physical attributes in AAs. Its in the genes.
          I didn't know Chris Rock taught your American History clas.

Last edited by vercingetorix3; 11-26-2010, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
            that determines the talent and type of fighter one is or will be. Mexican fighters aren't tough and resilient because they have Spanish and Mesoamerican indian blood, it is because of cultural and social environmental influence. African American fighters aren't born to be slick as if it is embedded in their DNA. Some are slick because that is the style they were exposed to as a young age. That is the style taught to them. But even that is a myth in itself as most African American fighters are boxer/punchers and again, it has nothing to do with their racial/ethnic make up.

Some people are questioning what Martinez and Canelo fall under. How ****ing ignorant and stupid is that? These fighters aren't cataloged by what type of blood runs through their veins, but rather the experiences which molded them into what they are now. Those experience are derivatives of their upbringing and social acclimation. Canelo is a Mexican fighter because he was RAISED in Mexico. Canelo could be of Japenese decent and he would still be a Mexican fighter because that is WHO he is.

Ethicity, nationality, blood line: All this has nothing to do with the talent of a fighter. Culture, experience, social upbringing has EVERYTHING to do with the talent of a fighter.
            It's just a coincidence that every man that has run a 100 meters in less than ten seconds with one exception is black.

It must be their uniques social conditions that lets them run so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by vercingetorix3 View Post
              I didn't Chris Rock taught your American History clas.

LOL, when I saw that show it reminded me of that same lecture too. It was just one of those things from school that I remember and it pops up here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                that determines the talent and type of fighter one is or will be. Mexican fighters aren't tough and resilient because they have Spanish and Mesoamerican indian blood, it is because of cultural and social environmental influence. African American fighters aren't born to be slick as if it is embedded in their DNA. Some are slick because that is the style they were exposed to as a young age. That is the style taught to them. But even that is a myth in itself as most African American fighters are boxer/punchers and again, it has nothing to do with their racial/ethnic make up.

Some people are questioning what Martinez and Canelo fall under. How ****ing ignorant and stupid is that? These fighters aren't cataloged by what type of blood runs through their veins, but rather the experiences which molded them into what they are now. Those experience are derivatives of their upbringing and social acclimation. Canelo is a Mexican fighter because he was RAISED in Mexico. Canelo could be of Japenese decent and he would still be a Mexican fighter because that is WHO he is.

Ethicity, nationality, blood line: All this has nothing to do with the talent of a fighter. Culture, experience, social upbringing has EVERYTHING to do with the talent of a fighter.

If your talking about Mixed Martial Arts then I agree 100% but in boxing 90% of the times thats usually the detemining factor fo what kind of fighter you become...

Comment

this. Whole thread reeks , u have people praisin incest and ****in cousins , the u have the idiots thinkin they know everything there is to be a great boxer , people callin people morons and racist
                  This whole shid serves no purpose cuz the morons are gonna believe what they wanna believe

Who cares what fighters are white idgaf what they are , don't try 2 label and cliam sum1 one as your race just to look cool and feel good about yoursleves ,is disgusting

Comment

I agree with the TS but some certain american african individual thought different way. I think these are all about being proud of what they achieved, the feeling to be important they desired and the emotional trauma suffered by their forefathers before the liberation and freed. I won't go any further on this subject as we already knew what I'm talking about. One thing is certain, they excell in some sports they chosen not because of their genetic make up but rather more fueled by the emotions I mentioned above, those african Americans and Africans who has a style of Mayweather are more of a rare specimen than a minority. There are many African-American boxers with different boxing styles. What they trying to say is....Hey look..our races suffered before in your hands and look down upon us but at the end we proved we are better than you. Because of that emotions they totally forgoten that it was a individual succes not because of the color of the skin. Thats why sometimes I got feed up with someone thinking they are better races than the other.
                    Last edited by straightleft; 11-26-2010, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rambov View Post
                      TS is right. I just think he is talking to the wrong audience.
                      nah, ts is an idiot and is trying to explain wht gives people their styles
                      nuthin to do with the athleticism or skills or talent, but he thinks he's also explaining that, total twat

Comment

Working...
                      X