Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Floyd Mayweather not fight some of the best fighters in his divisions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
    Not sure. TNC gave it to me.
    i heard that's not the only thing tcn souljah gave you......

not that there's anything wrong with that......

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntin View Post
      Some of those fights could still happen. I don't think Floyd is really retired. He's just calling it a retirement so that when he returnes to the ring it will seem more important than if he's just returning to the ring after taking a little vacation. "Floyd's coming out of retirement to fight Pac! We gotta buy this PPV!" PBF ko Pac
      margarito and cotto could still happen.

shane is way past it though.

obviously spada and kostya ain't gonna happen anymore.

i would've liked to have seen zab-floyd at 140 back then though. doesn't matter probably same result as the 147 bout.

Comment

floyd will fight some of those guys before you know it and anyone that disagrees is a ****ing ****** i could see probably a fight with Cotto immediately after Margarito dismantles him Floyd can't afford staying retired with his poor money management skills he's tossing 20$ bills in the air like a 2 year old he needs someone to help him handle his money and I think money issues will drag his lazy ass out of retirement and we wil get to see his mad skills again

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          Mayweather-Mosley at 147 , Mayweather-Tszyu at 140 , Mayweather-Spadafora at 135 , Mayweather-Margarito at 147 , Mayweather-Cotto at 147 , etc.

Well?

I'm not saying those guys could have beat him but how come those fights never got made?
          I know ya'll hate Floyd but you can't put it all on him..look at the situation with Cotto and Tony

You have to BLAME BOB ARUM

Bob could have offered Floyd a ONE fight deal to fight Tony...but no...He made a THREE fight offer...at the time Floyd was leaving Top Rank..He made an offer he KNEW Floyd would snub.

Arum could have EASILLY made Mayweather/Margarito by simply cancelling the Manuel Gomez bout..Floyd's camp contacted them when Judah lost to Baldomir.

Cotto..

Arum never lifted a finger to make a Cotto/Mayweather fight.

He didn't make a single offer..Cotto never showed much interest himself.

BLAME BOB ARUM

Shane Mosely...Floyd called him out plenty..going all the way to his days at 135...Shane's latest excuse was a toochache.

Tszyu...Came back from one of his MANY injury time-outs claiming he wanted to fight the best..then chose Hatton instead of Mayweather..lol

Blame Zoo

He never reclaimed his nuts from Vince Phillips...he wanted no parts of FMJ..

Spadafora...LOL...Slap yourself.

Comment

PWill................

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_Barracuda View Post
              Spadafora...LOL...Slap yourself.
              i've heard people say spadafora gave floyd problems in sparring.

don't know how true it is but people do mention him as someone floyd didn't fight at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by georgenewman View Post
                floyd will fight some of those guys before you know it and anyone that disagrees is a ****ing ****** i could see probably a fight with Cotto immediately after Margarito dismantles him Floyd can't afford staying retired with his poor money management skills he's tossing 20$ bills in the air like a 2 year old he needs someone to help him handle his money and I think money issues will drag his lazy ass out of retirement and we wil get to see his mad skills again
                Mayweather lazy???

You must be one bad mofo to talk that kinda' ****.

You know jack about his money management skills..from what I understand are extraordinary.

He can't be too stupid with money...he's friends with Mark Cuban..

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  i've heard people say spadafora gave floyd problems in sparring.

don't know how true it is but people do mention him as someone floyd didn't fight at 135.
                  Lol sparring isn't about tying to get the best out of your opponent. Its about improving what you already have. So Tua slap yourself!!! Do it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_Barracuda View Post

Tszyu...Came back from one of his MANY injury time-outs claiming he wanted to fight the best..then chose Hatton instead of Mayweather..lol

Blame Zoo
                    ricky was more money. remember floyd was not fighting ppv fights yet.

i think the plan for tszyu was beat ricky then go on to floyd but obviously ricky changed those plans.

Comment

not exactly sure why those bouts didnt get signed...they woulda made money so it definitely made sense...

all i know is Davis Tua should be in the HOF

*waits for gift*

Comment

Working...
                      X