• Time
  • Show
Clear All

INGREDIENTS
    1 6-ounce can frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
    4 cups cubed, seeded watermelon
    1 12-ounce can flavored sparkling water
    DIRECTIONS

In a blender container or food processor bowl, combine pineapple juice concentrate and watermelon. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Pour into four goblets. Divide the sparkling water among the four goblets and stir to combine. Garnish each glass with a lime slice and a lime peel curl. Makes 4 servings.

Food exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 starch.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION

1 serving:Calories 145;Fat 1g(Saturated 0g);Cholesterol 0mg;Sodium 22mg;Carbohydrate 35g(Dietary Fiber 1g);(Protein 2g)

Comment

Chicken Tacos - 6 Servings Partner Highlights

Cooked chicken and canned chilies make these family-pleasing tacos easy to fix. If you have time, warm the taco shells in the oven or microwave.

Presented by:

Total time to prepare: 15 min

INGREDIENTS
      1 cup chopped onion
      1 clove garlic, minced
      2 cups chopped cooked chicken or two 5-ounce cans chunk-style chicken
      1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
      1 4-ounce can chopped green chilies, drained
      12 purchased taco shells
      2 cups shredded lettuce
      1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
      1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
      DIRECTIONS

1. Lightly coat a 10-inch skillet with nonstick spray coating. Add onion and garlic; cook until tender.

2. Stir in chicken, tomato sauce, and green chilies; heat through.

3. Divide chicken mixture among taco shells. Top with lettuce, tomato, and cheese. Makes 6 servings.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION

1 serving:Calories 283;Fat 12g;Cholesterol 51mg;Sodium 729mg;Carbohydrate 25g;(Protein 20g)

Comment

Peppercorn Encrusted Tuna

Ingredients
        1 bunch broccoli, stems removed, tops cut into bit-size pieces
        1 tbsp. fresh gingerroot, chopped
        2 garlic cloves, minced
        5 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
        3 tbsp. honey
        5 tbsp. soy sauce, light
        3/4 cup water
        1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
        6 tbsp. black peppercorns
        4 tuna steaks, about 5 ounces each
        1 tbsp. olive oil
        2 scallions, chopped
        1/4 cup cilantro, chopped

Directions
        Estimated Time: 45 minutes

1 Combine the garlic, ginger, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, and 2/3 of the water; whisk well. Combine the cornstarch and remaining water with a wire whisk. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the soy mixture using a wire whisk.

2 Roughly grind peppercorns in a spice grinder, about 15-20 pulses. Transfer the ground peppercorns to a shallow bowl. (If time permits, toast peppercorns before grinding them.)

3 Coat both sides of the tuna with the crushed peppercorns. Spray a large sauté pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.

4 Add the tuna to the heated pan and cook, in batches if needed, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm in a 200 degrees F (95 degrees C) oven. Wipe the pan clean and add the oil.

5 Add the broccoli and soy mixture; simmer 3 minutes. Stir in the scallions and cilantro. Remove the broccoli with a slotted spoon when tender but still retaining a slight crunch.

6 Divide the broccoli among plates. Arrange in a single layer and place a piece of tuna on top. Spoon the soy mixture over the tuna steaks.

Comment

Grilled Chicken, Beet and Cucumber Salad with Feta and Yogurt Dressing

Ingredients

For the dressing:
          1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
          1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
          1 tablespoon olive oil
          1/2 cup non-fat yogurt
          salt to taste
          freshly ground black pepp

For the chicken:
          1 cup non-fat plain yogurt
          1 clove garlic, minced
          1 shallot, minced
          2 tablespoons honey
          2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
          1 lemon
          4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 ounces each

For the salad:
          8 small beets, boiled, peeled and cut into wedges
          4 small red Bliss potatoes, boiled and cut into wedges
          1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
          8 cups mixed baby greens
          1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

Directions
          For the dressing:
          1. Whisk the mustard and lemon juice together. Continue whisking and add the olive oil and yogurt. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
          (This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
          For the chicken:
          1. Combine the yogurt, garlic, shallot, honey, cilantro, lemon juice and zest in a bowl. Add the chicken and coat it evenly with the marinade. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
          2. Preheat the grill.
          3. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade. (This protects against cross-contamination.) Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
          4. Place the chicken on the hot grill and cook until the juices run clear, about 6 to 8 minutes per side. Set aside to cool.
          For the salad:
          1. When the chicken is cool enough to handle, slice it into strips and place it in a mixing bowl. Add the beets, potatoes, cucumber and half of the dressing and toss to combine.
          2. In a separate bowl, toss the greens with the remaining dressing.
          3. To serve, arrange the greens on individual plates, place the chicken mixture on top and sprinkle with feta cheese.

Comment

perfect time to go shopping tomorrow.

Comment

please keep them coming, specially the snack ideas, any ideas on what I can do to take with me to work that dont need cooking (i dont mind a lot of prep work, but i need some things that i can grab and eat)

Comment

Thanks for all the recipes. Keep em coming. I'll be trying some of them soon.

Comment

This is awesome.

I miss you making me this stuff.

Can't wait for you to make me a nice batch of protein pancakes when I get off the plane back to LA.... *hint* *hint*

- The Jake

Comment

Arju, how is soy bacon? Im Vegetarian (been almost a year) and am looking for new ideas not to have the same bland thing. Does it taste like real bacon?

have you ever tried Boca?

Comment

Originally posted by xaidaix
                      please keep them coming, specially the snack ideas, any ideas on what I can do to take with me to work that dont need cooking (i dont mind a lot of prep work, but i need some things that i can grab and eat)
                      Sure not a prob. Will have some up for you soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X