Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Haye targeting the faded age 41 not a rematch with age 37 Wladimir?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post

It is quite funny how he's mouthing off about a declining Vitali but has never once chased a re-match against Wladimir. It kinda makes a mockery of all his bravado, but then we all know he's talking crap most of the time anyway.
    C'mon dude. Haye is an ******* but you don't need to post fake stuff. Haye wanted a rematch with Wlad, but Wlad turned it down and Haye let his license expire. Wlad should have turned down the fight after all the noise Haye made about a rematch clause, but saying Haye hasn't pursued a rematch is flat out untrue.

Comment

He would fight Wlad again I am more than sure. Basically by fighting either Klitschko Haye doesn't have anything to lose. He already lost to Wlad and he lose to Vitali it wouldn't make a big difference to his legacy (if he ever worried about the one).

Looking at his fights at HW he fought more fighters that were past prime than those in prime. Guy is a good boxer no doubt about that - but he is so full of s..t !

Comment

On what basis does Haye deserve a rematch with Wlad?

If he was asking for a rematch with Wlad you'd all be killing him for doing that, saying he doesn't deserve one etc.

At least with Vitali he can say he dealt with Chisora much better than Vitali did(yeah i know that's a crap reason but with the HW division being so ****e even that can work).

Simple fact of the matter is Vitali's fanboys are worried that Haye may well beat an ageing, past prime Vitali so they are coming up with all sorts of excuses for him, seeing as most Boxing fans bar Vitali's fanboys want to see a Vitali - Haye fight.

Comment

Haye said he would fight either Klitschko.

Haye-Wlad does not make sense after the first fight though.

Comment

Nobody wants to see a rematch between him and Wlad
            His chances of beating Vitali are much higher

Comment

Wlad already turned him down, so why not go for the older, past prime Vitali. Haye has a better shot of beating Vitali than Wlad anyways. It would be the best fight at heavyweight right now so why not?

Comment

not only that, he was retired. i think he wanted no part of a rematch or of vitali, until vitali slowed down.

i think he saw something he liked when chisora fought vitali, and masterminded the glassing.

he's a brilliant matchmaker / promotor, haye. even if it's not his job

short answer : because he thinks he can actually win against a faded vitali.

Comment

Haye is very aware of the difference age makes and he has said so many times. That is why he wants to retire at such a young age. He said he has seen to many fighters hang around to long and lose to fighters they could have easily beaten in their prime. He said that won't happen to him. He hopes he can get a fight with the very old, way past prime Vitali. If Vitali was the same age as Haye I don't think he would even consider fighting him. Haye is looking good and Vitali is looking beatable finally. I hope Vitali retires without fighting Haye. Let him earn a rematch with Wlad by beating a top 5 heavyweight. Wlad is also many years older than Haye and that should be enough advantage for him.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    Haye is very aware of the difference age makes and he has said so many times. That is why he wants to retire at such a young age. He said he has seen to many fighters hang around to long and lose to fighters they could have easily beaten in their prime. He said that won't happen to him. He hopes he can get a fight with the very old, way past prime Vitali. If Vitali was the same age as Haye I don't think he would even consider fighting him. Haye is looking good and Vitali is looking beatable finally. I hope Vitali retires without fighting Haye. Let him earn a rematch with Wlad by beating a top 5 heavyweight. Wlad is also many years older than Haye and that should be enough advantage for him.
                    Sign this!

Comment

Seems like an easier fight to make. Seems like it will sell better, at least in the UK where they can sell the line that this brother has a different style to the one he clearly lost to and therefore he can win this time. It's a more interesting match-up as well.

I remember about a year ago there was talk of Arreola wanting to get a fight with Wladimir, for the same reasons I would think.

Comment

Working...
                      X